Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Update

I meant to say it won't be windows update. The process won't be wupdmgr.exe (windows update). It should say something like xpsp1a and be an executeable.
    The hanging of SP1 is normal because the update is HUGE. About 125 megabytes... and that's while it's compressed.
    -- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    well i finally got it. i wonder fi i even needed it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Trust me... YOU DO&#33;
    It updates EVERYTHING. Let&#39;s just say that without it, you shouldn&#39;t go online. Going to a website can kill your computer without it (of course it&#39;s much more complicated than that). Well, if you want to know the significance, I suggest you go to the microsoft site.
    It&#39;s funny that you got Service Pack 1 so late. Service Pack 2 is going to be released soon.
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    You really don&#39;t need service pack 1. It&#39;s a hyped up load of shit that you need all these patches and updates.

Unless you do online banking and trading, or you&#39;re a systems administrator responsible for a corporate network, or you absolutely need the latest updates for some other program or process, Just make a ghost image of your drive and if any one fucks with it, a quick restore and password change will fix that.

IF your system runs fine, nothing hangs, and you are happy with it, leave things alone&#33;

The risk is worth the extra performance you&#39;d lose to all these crap updates.

A good firewall and antivirus makes most of it redundant anyway.

The only things you might want would be high risk virus patches like the blaster patch.

Be wise and be carefull where you surf and you&#39;ll be fine.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    its SP1a btw. i duno if that different or not.
    i got it so late caus ei normally depend on my instant updater which runs automatically. i gues sit never got SP1. it better dl SP2 when it comes out. Its strange that it didnt get SP1 becaus ei never turned it off and all the settings seem to be correct.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    and SP1a seems to have changed the way the saving files and opening files from the internet display box looks. is that right?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Sp1a has been out for a year or more.

I dunno about changing the download dialogue, but it messes up a bunch of other stuff like log on options and permissions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12