Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Update

i used to be able to dl windows updates by clicking on an icon in the try on the taskbar. however, i haven't seen that icon for months. I'm pretty sure theres been updates in that time. does anyone have any ideas why the icon hasn't been showing up?

BTW, I'm getting an update from the windows site right now and its taking forever. Updates never took this long before.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    perhaps it got turned off?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    where would i turn it on or off?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    In IE just go to Tools/windows update and it will take you to the update site

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by -=Cyrus=-@23 December 2003 - 22:54
    In IE just go to Tools/windows update and it will take you to the update site 
    i know, but that wasnt my question. my question was about the tray icon and why my update is installing so slowly. btw, it is still installing...this is ridiculous.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    System Properties > Automatic Updates
    SP

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    hmm, everything seems to be set up correctly.
    is there any harm in exiting out of this update installation? its taking too long and it says "running processes after installation"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by ninjamonkey@23 December 2003 - 21:42
    BTW, I'm getting an update from the windows site right now and its taking forever. Updates never took this long before.
    Well, if you haven't updated in a long while, there's going to be more to update (and install)

so it will take longer.

and/or the update site may be busy.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    its just service pack 1. i dont see why my instant updater didnt detect it. i think its been otu awhile.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    service pack 1 takes FOREVER sometimes. It has been known to hang, If this happens, sometimes you have to open task manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete) and select the task for the update. It should be windows update, I forget the name of the task, bt it is probably taking a ton of your sysem reources. It shouldn't be too difficult to fin by yourself. You can thentry to right click on teh task and change the process priority to above normal or something higher and click yes to the pop-up.
    -- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast