Thread: Slow Downloads? Behind A Router?

neo2jg
    my k-lite was runnin really slow, at bout 0.78 when it should be runnin at 60.00+ (i know thats slow)

anways i was browsing the forums and i found something that actually works! it was on this link

Slow Downloads?

[SIZE=7]IT WORKS!

after you've changed the port number on ur k-lite then u gotta forward this port on this router. to do this use the instructions in this link:

Guide To Port Forwarding

there once you've SAVED these settings they should work immediatley, some people may need to restart there P2P program or there PC.

(This worked on my PC whihc is runnin on a XP professional OS, i have a "linksys 4 Port-Switch BEFSR41 router")

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    did you also read mine and switech's posts about changing ports???

:helpsmile:

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I'm behind a router too, but I have no download-speed problems...
    Thanks anyway for your tips...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Nice Nice Theres is a Fast way to dwonload things Fast!!!, even if you speed is/was that slow!, just us the speed Up , make the Download finder to "99999999999999999999999999999", MAKE your Tme limet of How fast shuld it find mor mirrios for the download to 1 sec, than click Ok !!!

-------------------
    Its all Good
    guess what......... No!.....
    --counter-strike:----------------------------
    t:bomb has been planted
    ct: bomb has been defuzed!
    Game: Counter-terrorist wins!
    1 , 2

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Don't forget to use KaNAT as well...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by neo2jg@23 December 2003 - 23:38
    after you've changed the port number on ur k-lite then u gotta forward this port on this router. to do this use the instructions in this link:

Guide To Port Forwarding
    Hmmm...Does anyone know how to do this with an "INTRACOM" ADSL router?

This is how my menu looks

What should i click?
    :helpsmile:

Thanks in advance

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by neo2jg@23 December 2003 - 18:38
    my k-lite was runnin really slow, at bout 0.78 when it should be runnin at 60.00+ (i know thats slow)
    This is because you were previously not port-forwarded AND because Kazaa/KL++ is still only sending out your local LAN ip.

What this means is ONLY non-firwalled people NOT using a router (or not doing the steps below...) that you can download from.

However MANY if not MOST broadband users now have firewalls (many of which are incorrectly set up for file sharing programs&#33 and routers (so they can use multiple computers with 1 internet connection.) You can download from NONE of them!

...unless you do this:

PORT-FORWARD from your router to your computer the ip port that KL++ is using. (don't forward other ports for KL++'s sake&#33

And also run KaNAT with ASM autoreplace ip running at least every few seconds.

Then you will appear to others as not firewalled (so long as your firewall program/s you have running are configured correctly) and you should be able to download from ANYONE.

The converse is basically ANYONE can download from you unless you're using the RIAA ip blocklist in KL++ (best to keep that updated&#33 Also, turn off the listing of all your shared files if you're sharing even 100 semi-popular files or more than 1 movie -- otherwise, people will be trying to download LOTS of your files at once! That could tie up your connection for hours/days/weeks straight just to a tiny handful of people.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    4 real dog get an DLS! or do what i said , try it if u see thoes files than delete them !
    guess what......... No!.....
    --counter-strike:----------------------------
    t:bomb has been planted
    ct: bomb has been defuzed!
    Game: Counter-terrorist wins!
    1 , 2

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    get a higher speed connection and jump to supernode