Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want The Best Graphics Card?

Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@24 December 2003 - 04:10
    Does the 15 mean its better or what? Where did lamsey go!? lol I think I will go buy NFSU when I get my new comp. Adam I'm guessing you have a conrtoller for gaming...? Because racing is hard without one lol
    No, you don't need a controller for NFSU!

The keyboard functions great! I am telling you this is the best game out there!

You just have to learn how to use SHIFT for handbrake and and SPACEBAR for Nitrous as well as the direction keys for the obvious (trottle forward, reverse/brake, left, right)

I personally enjoy using my keyboard as a controller...it works really well! B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@24 December 2003 - 04:13
    Whats mipmap quality? Also, AA is antialiasing..or something right? Whats the diff between that and anisotropic filtering? And AF is FSAA right? list ALL the diff kinds and what they do PLEASE so I can finally get it down...everyone says diff stufff and it confuses me lol...

lamsey..where you at?!
    Hey big dawg, hey check it out...as soon as you get your card (dont forget it needs a plug the power supply--one of the floppy ones) and install the drivers from ATI's website...

read through this guide after installing rage 3d tweak

It enables you to control the undocumented features of the Radeon, such as AGP textures and other various tweaks that are for the more advanced users. You have to read that guide, though, and make sure you read the whole thing so you can get the most out of your investment...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by adamp2p+23 December 2003 - 22:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 23 December 2003 - 22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@24 December 2003 - 04:10
    Does the 15 mean its better or what?&nbsp; Where did lamsey go&#33;? lol&nbsp; I think I will go buy NFSU when I get my new comp.&nbsp; Adam I&#39;m guessing you have a conrtoller for gaming...? Because racing is hard without one lol
    No, you don&#39;t need a controller for NFSU&#33;

The keyboard functions great&#33; I am telling you this is the best game out there&#33;

You just have to learn how to use SHIFT for handbrake and and SPACEBAR for Nitrous as well as the direction keys for the obvious (trottle forward, reverse/brake, left, right)

I personally enjoy using my keyboard as a controller...it works really well&#33; B) [/b][/quote]
    sometimes the steering wheel might not have all the functions that u want to play the game. such as nos and so on. i like playing this with my keyboard.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@24 December 2003 - 04:13
    Whats mipmap quality? Also, AA is antialiasing..or something right? Whats the diff between that and anisotropic filtering? And AF is FSAA right? list ALL the diff kinds and what they do PLEASE so I can finally get it down...everyone says diff stufff and it confuses me lol...

lamsey..where you at?&#33;
    The above linked guide to the radeon 9X00 series explains all of that. Just be sure to download the Rade 3d tweak program. It is free and has a great overclocking utility. If you run into any problems with the standard Catalyst set then use the Omega drivers. He is an official beta tester for ATi and does more stress testing then ATI does, and they make sure your system does not crash when you overclock.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Alright thanks man all of this stuff looks really handy...I should get all of my parts tomm. And my graphics card the next day.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@23 December 2003 - 22:33
    Alright thanks man all of this stuff looks really handy...I should get all of my parts tomm. And my graphics card the next day.
    good choice with the 9500pro. i&#39;d still buy at least a 9700 pro if u have hte &#036;. if i sell all my unused stuff, i can afford a 9800 pro (ati made too&#33

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+24 December 2003 - 04:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 24 December 2003 - 04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@23 December 2003 - 22:33
    Alright thanks man all of this stuff looks really handy...I should get all of my parts tomm.&nbsp; And my graphics card the next day.
    good choice with the 9500pro. i&#39;d still buy at least a 9700 pro if u have hte &#036;. if i sell all my unused stuff, i can afford a 9800 pro (ati made too&#33 [/b][/quote]
    Dude abu, the sappiretech is better than the built by ati. I have a built by ati and the cooler sucks&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Hey, my Newegg stuff is supposed to come tomorrow too&#33; Kinda odd its still a state away right now though, heh.

Glad im getting a 9500Pro too, cant believe I snagged it for 100&#036;. Lets just hope *knocks on wood* that I dont get trolled.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@23 December 2003 - 23:05
    Hey, my Newegg stuff is supposed to come tomorrow too&#33; Kinda odd its still a state away right now though, heh.

Glad im getting a 9500Pro too, cant believe I snagged it for 100&#036;. Lets just hope *knocks on wood* that I dont get trolled.
    how did u get it 4 &#036;100?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by adamp2p+23 December 2003 - 22:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 23 December 2003 - 22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@24 December 2003 - 04:37
    <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx
    @23 December 2003 - 22:33

good choice with the 9500pro. i&#39;d still buy at least a 9700 pro if u have hte &#036;. if i sell all my unused stuff, i can afford a 9800 pro (ati made too&#33
    Dude abu, the sappiretech is better than the built by ati. I have a built by ati and the cooler sucks&#33; [/b][/quote]
    well, on newegg, the ati made one is the cheapest. so i guess ur rite. but i&#39;m not getting one any time soon. 1st i have to decide if i want to sell my radeon 9600 along with all my other stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast