Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want The Best Graphics Card?

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Hey. This is a post directed at anyone who is looking for a new graphics card but DOESNT want to spend over $200.

The card
    * ATI Radeon 9500Pro

Some people believe that the 9600Pro or 9600XT is better. WRONG. The 9500Pro offers the feature of 8 Pixel-Pipelines. Only the 9500, 9700, and 9800 series offer this. The 9600 series only has 4 Pixel-Pipelines which greatly cuts down on the bandwidth of data. Here are a few pictures to prove that the 9500 whoops the 9600 series!

Here is the 9500Pro with MAX resolution and all filtering ALL the way up. This is running BF 1942!!!

Here it is again with max resolution and all filtering all the way up. This is compared with other cards.

Check out the whole article on this card if you want to. Be sure too look at the high resolution with lots of filtering because thats where this card is AWESOME, and thats what we want now..isnt it!

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20021202/index.html here is the whole article

As you can see this card is one AMAZING card and is the same price as the 9600XT. Get it soon if you want it as they no longer make them! I just ordered mine! They are $190 on newegg.com. Heres the link http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ro&searchdepa=1
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    lol wen i first saw the topic i was ready to flame it cuz of all the vid card questions but now instead of flaming ill say "nice post" B)

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks man! worked kinda hard on it lol hoping for maybe a temporary pinn on this baby

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yea. the 9500pro is the best card for the $. they're supposed to be discontinued, but other companies still make them

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nice, big dawg, informing your fellow forum members...

...and you will only be really happy when you actually experience a real "quality" gaming experience...man, I was just in one in NFSU!

Man that is a great game! Does anybody else know any games that look that good?

The best thing about NFSU is the fact that when you have the AA (4X and AF 8X) there is no performance degredation...in other words the game does not lag at all...when the texture quality and mipmap quality turned all the way up it looks so sharp...the best game IMO these days available..

I think that the reason why NFSU looks so good is because it is programmed using the newest direct x 9 textures and the compression texture quality is so good.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@24 December 2003 - 03:39
    yea. the 9500pro is the best card for the $. they're supposed to be discontinued, but other companies still make them
    Nope, ABU, they are no longer in production, they were altogether discontinued because they cost so much to make compared to the 9600 series. They are made on the 15 micron process which is very expensive compared to the 13 micron process due to the amount of chips they can manufacture per wafer.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Does the 15 mean its better or what? Where did lamsey go!? lol I think I will go buy NFSU when I get my new comp. Adam I'm guessing you have a conrtoller for gaming...? Because racing is hard without one lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

Big dawg, that is your favorite game, eh?

Every game you play from now on you can make look much more appealing by enabling the highest texture quality as well as the highest mipmap quality as well as high AA and high AF =

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Whats mipmap quality? Also, AA is antialiasing..or something right? Whats the diff between that and anisotropic filtering? And AF is FSAA right? list ALL the diff kinds and what they do PLEASE so I can finally get it down...everyone says diff stufff and it confuses me lol...

lamsey..where you at?!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by adamp2p+23 December 2003 - 22:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 23 December 2003 - 22:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@24 December 2003 - 03:39
    yea. the 9500pro is the best card for the &#036;. they&#39;re supposed to be discontinued, but other companies still make them
    Nope, ABU, they are no longer in production, they were altogether discontinued because they cost so much to make compared to the 9600 series. They are made on the 15 micron process which is very expensive compared to the 13 micron process due to the amount of chips they can manufacture per wafer. [/b][/quote]
    u can still buy them at newegg.

and i&#39;m considering of selling all my unused stuff for a 9700pro or a 9800pro.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast