Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Possession Remains Illegal, Canada's ...

Poster
    Sorry to disappoint you but there really is no contest. Feel free to imagine there is one though if it comforts you.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    BANNED
    Originally posted by J'Pol@27 December 2003 - 09:16
    As an aside, I always love it when people speak of the low levels of certain crimes in Holland. No shit Sherlock, you stop things being illegal and there is less crime - go figure, how does that work.

That does not mean that the society is more or less moral, just that it is more liberal and as such less criminal. Less illegal things = less crime. I could have worked that out.
    I think you missed the point here JP. The crimes being talked about here are the ones associated with the purchase etc., of the drug. When you buy your grass from a cafe you don't come in contact with dealers; the supply is constant, so there isn't the temptation to try something else when supply is scarce. This means less people try harder drugs, which cuts down on crimes associated with hard drugs, for example, junkies looking for the sometimes $100's a day for their next fix are responsible for huge numbers of crimes, especially burglaries.

As to your point about not going the whole way and legalising it, I think, but I'm not sure, that it isn't possible to legalise something that is illegal under international law.

Balamn you really need to get a chip for the other shoulder too! And then go read some of your posts about what drives people off this board. Or look in a mirror.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Would I see you staring back at me then?

Frightening prospect, but I suspect I wouldn't. I don't express my views on a subject only for sport, unlike yourself. You admitted as much several months ago.

You might want to take into consideration that the topic is "Canadian" leagalisation of pot! Got that clearly planted in your head now?

Canadian = me! Not you, not your aussie friends, me!

If you don't like the "canadian" view on the continued illegality of pot, just hit your back button and paste another load of copied crap into world news and sit back and giggle like you normally do.

problem solved

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Double Agent
    i mean wtf? just legalize the use of pot for medical purposes. our health system is going crap anyways so why should ppl be left in pain?

I dont care much about junkies, they got a life to waste not me.

but consider those in pain.....

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    Prescription use? Why not. I think it's already done in some areas through very tight controls.

Somewhere in Ontario I think there is a research facility growing for this purpose.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Mr. Peabody's Avatar Poster
    Well the sad thing is alot of the people that smoked pot in the states,have chose to smoke crack instead.
    It's out of your system quicker.

I can deal with a stoner but you better watch your shit around a crackhead.

Also Herion use is up too,reports of people paying $4 for a all day high-Chicago area.

Not sure ,but the war on drugs seems to be making everthing worse.
    It's never gonna end.
    Suffering from a wet dream, no it's just me I had to pee.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    BANNED
    Originally posted by balamm@27 December 2003 - 16:16
    You might want to take into consideration that the topic is "Canadian" leagalisation of pot! Got that clearly planted in your head now?

Canadian = me! Not you, not your aussie friends, me!

I take it you'll refrain from your usual vitriol in threads that don't concern Canadians then? Oh, goody!

At least as an ordinary member you aren't able to abuse and ridicule posters with any authority. So now you're just bitter and twisted, much better than when you were a bitter and twisted mod! How you ever became a mod in the first place is beyond me. Your reason for being on this board seems to be to find people to abuse.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Poster
    Well your reason has so far escaped me other than the lame excuse you posted earlier.

I think it's probably true though. It's for opportunities like this that you return. To insult, to stir up shit, to try and shape yet another debate into a source of entertainment for yourself no matter how off topic or off color your remarks have to be.

Bitter? Who's biiter now BD? You've been slapped son. It's understandable. Try not to act too much like a child though, it's very disruptive to the topic.

If you do have any knowledge of the workings of canadian society and politics as it relates to this subject though, now would be the time to redeem yourself. I mean real knowledge of course, not the usual google copy and paste routine.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    BANNED
    Originally posted by balamm@27 December 2003 - 17:53
    Don't take any notice of me BD, I'm just acting like a prick, it's a Canadian thing.
    I know, people have been PM'ing me the same info.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Poster
    Yeah, I didn't think you had anything intelligent to contribute.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast