Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does My Internet Provider Know

AnonX V1.1 for Windows 2000/XP compatible.
    Windows 95/98/ME & MAC coming soon.

Edit§§>> That's what it say's on the site if you click Signup At the Bottom

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    AnonX V1.1 for Windows 2000/XP compatible.
    I don't get it - doesnt everything go first thru my internet provider - and then to AnonX (or other privacy services)?

So my Web provider still gets all info...

Or?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by ugc@25 December 2003 - 05:53

if you are worried about security and privacy:

check out this:

http://www.anonx.com/

plus if you search, there are a few threads on it also.
    That can't stop your ISP from getting your info but it is a great way to stop other ppl from gettin the info.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by eug1404@25 December 2003 - 14:21
    That can't stop your ISP from getting your info but it is a great way to stop other ppl from gettin the info.
    Although I am opposed to shameless advertisement of paid services, it does actually encrypt data packets to prevent your Internet Service Provider from intercepting the data.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    They dont care!
    If they would report every single computer who uses kazaalite
    there would be no business for the ISP.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    That's true, because they are paying for all of this and if they do check your log, you should b proud because they are spending money on YOU
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    steveayre
    Yes and No.

Yes:
    It *is* possible for them to log every single thing that you do, timestamp it and store every byte of data that you download and upload, if they really want to.

No:
    Think about how much information that is. They cannot practically log all of what you do and then keep in indefinitely, because they just wouldn&#39;t have enough storage space. In practice most ISPS will log perhaps every time you connect/disconnect to another computer and keep these logs for a week or two.

As such it&#39;s probable that your ISP could work out that you are using Kazaa/Kazaa Lite/whatever from their logs, but it is unlikely that they will know what you are downloading as the name of the mp3/movie/whatever is stored as meta data within the file, and they will almost certainly not be logging the file data as it would take up so much space on their servers.

However, it would in theory be possible for them to filter their logs so that they detect kazaa connections and then extract and log the meta data from the file transfer... I don&#39;t think anyone is actually doing that at the moment though.
    If they were, it would probably be trivial to bypass though (perhaps by tricking it into not thinking you&#39;re running kazaa by changing the port number?)

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    First,

Most ISP DO NOT want logs of any type. They are a pain in the butt to maintain. In most cases they store the last time you logged in.

There are only two cases where an ISP will track your activity.

1. You are a high end users eating up tons of bandwidth. They do this to find an excuse to get ride of you.

2. You are a "abuse case" and RIAA is knocking on the door with a subpena, then the ISP may or may not start tracking you down. Which is a pain for a large ISP.

-------------------------------------
    Secondly,

With AnonX all your ISP sees is encrypted VPN traffic. Perfect it. There is no reason for the ISP to block you, turn you off, or .......

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Double Agent
    anonx is here to save the day.....

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by AnonXO@27 December 2003 - 22:32
    First,

Most ISP DO NOT want logs of any type. They are a pain in the butt to maintain. In most cases they store the last time you logged in.

There are only two cases where an ISP will track your activity.

1. You are a high end users eating up tons of bandwidth. They do this to find an excuse to get ride of you.

2. You are a "abuse case" and RIAA is knocking on the door with a subpena, then the ISP may or may not start tracking you down. Which is a pain for a large ISP.

-------------------------------------
    Secondly,

With AnonX all your ISP sees is encrypted VPN traffic. Perfect it. There is no reason for the ISP to block you, turn you off, or .......
    Is this true?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast