Thread: Upload Speeds

i have lots to share and my computer is almost always on...but everytime some one downloads from me...the speeds are very low...usually coming to a staggering hault at about 0.1kbs or lower...if the person even waits that long...they usually cancel.....how can i up my upload speed......honestly, this a person to person program...so why shouldn't this be a good thing?.....someone please let me know on how to change this B)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    I wouldn't worry too much I get that too its like modems, bad connections etc as long as someone at some time is getting your full upload speed you know nothing is wrong your doing your bit.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well ty..i know im doin my part...but its just like how when you download from someone..and the speed is very low....you want them to have good speeds so that you can get the files faster.....i understand that for dial-up modems...but im on broadband cable....if there is nothing i can do then i guess it will have to be that way....but again ty

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    This is now coming all too much on KaZaa I too have low downloads alot of the times,have a look at Bittorrent ITS not all plain sailing on here either but a least you don't wait for connections (most of the time) and its steady.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by angels_cm@11 January 2004 - 10:47
    i have lots to share and my computer is almost always on...but everytime some one downloads from me...the speeds are very low...usually coming to a staggering hault at about 0.1kbs or lower...if the person even waits that long...they usually cancel.....how can i up my upload speed......honestly, this a person to person program...so why shouldn't this be a good thing?.....someone please let me know on how to change this B)
    This sounds like an overloaded connection or firewall problem.

If you're not overloading it, a virus/trojan may be!

If it's a firewall problem, either a firewall on your computer is blocking traffic to other users.

OR quite possibly your ISP is intentionally blocking your uploads to other people using THEIR firewall/s!