Thread: 3 Question

Poster
    like the title says, i have 2 question,

1. Do you think i could trust this deal? its a 5600 ultra for 119 dollars...thats $60 less than any place i know, and its from msi, a really good company....but y is the clock speed different from card to card. the one i link you guys to has a 400/800 core/memory speed, while 2 card on newegg have 350/700 and 2 other card have 400/800....its the same chipset, so y is it different.

2. i just got a new 6 channel sound card, after installing it, i want to use my headphone so i went to the back and....there was no headphone jack, so does this mean everytime i want to use my headphone, i gotta use the onboard sound? wouldnt this reduce my gaming performance?

3. i just got a mobo a few months ago w/ 4x agp....and after i bought my sister a mobo w/ 8x agp...i feel so tempting to buy my one too. do you guys think i should? the mobo i have right now is fine, just that 4x agp...i know the difference in fps isnt much, but games like hl 2 and doom3 , eveeeerrrrryyyy fps counts

sry if that was too long.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1. difference in the cars is prob down to one being the ultra version which u linked to...this uses faster memory than the non-ultra and is therfore faster

2. u could plug ur headphones into the speaker connection

3. as u said every fps counts but id wait till the games actually come out and if u r getting poor fps then think about the upgrade

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    but they were all ultras, so y are some w/ 350/700 and some w/ 400/800....are the higher clocked one oced?

heres the link to the 4 5600 ultras at newegg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    for ur question #3, i would keep the agp 8x board and give ur sis the 4x one that ur using. lol. how many games will she play that requires a good setup?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@25 December 2003 - 02:59
    but they were all ultras, so y are some w/ 350/700 and some w/ 400/800....are the higher clocked one oced?

heres the link to the 4 5600 ultras at newegg
    its more than likely that better memory has been used which allows it to be clocked higher

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@25 December 2003 - 03:03
    for ur question #3, i would keep the agp 8x board and give ur sis the 4x one that ur using. lol. how many games will she play that requires a good setup?
    she.....none but me....every time i touch her comp.