Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Anonxo

i saw the Discussion about anonx.
    i have a firewall in the university that i used to stady at ..i think they are using the cisco firewalls ..is it still possible to Use anonx>>>??

2nd why port number 139 is always opened?

can the Uni. admin now how is using this port ....means who is using P2P programs

thanx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    You need port 1723 and protocal 47 (GRE).

Many Universities leave this port open for VPN traffic. To test email [email protected] for a trail offer.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thanx for the Response ..But the people at ANONX is not responding to me I have sent them e-mails but no one responded with any thing (Why … I don’t know)
    But can you tell me who I can check if the ports are opened or not because we have a very good net Admin.

**what I understand that its possible to connect throw this program while I still got the firewall ..but if that happen can the Uni. Net admin know who is the one who is using this program ?????

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Sorry for the delays in responding. I gave the techs and customer servers off from the noon on the 24th to noon on the 26th, plus the a simlar window on New Year's.

You can use telnet 38.112.161.130 1723

This is check to see if you can reach the port. This best option is email the tech one more time and get a test drive offer. That way you can know for sure, if it work in your enviroment.

If you have a lot a traffic (GB/day) your admin might put you on watch list. He still cannot tell what you are doing. The packets are encrypted and look like VPN style traffic.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Anonxo,
    A while back I purchased "Anonymizer Toolbar". It too utilizes a proxy server with encryption. I toyed with it when I bought it. But, I found it cumbersome. What I realized with limited use is that it blocked access to a lot of sites. I logged on through their server and then went to Anonx.com. According to your website, it read the IP address of the Anonymizer server but not mine, which is what it is supposed to do.

In your opinion, if you know anthing about the anonymizer tool bar, what are the advantages of your service vs. what tht toolbar? Thanks in advance for your reply.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Bobohiotk@2 January 2004 - 21:24
    Anonxo,
    A while back I purchased "Anonymizer Toolbar". It too utilizes a proxy server with encryption. I toyed with it when I bought it. But, I found it cumbersome. What I realized with limited use is that it blocked access to a lot of sites. I logged on through their server and then went to Anonx.com. According to your website, it read the IP address of the Anonymizer server but not mine, which is what it is supposed to do.

In your opinion, if you know anthing about the anonymizer tool bar, what are the advantages of your service vs. what tht toolbar? Thanks in advance for your reply.
    i'll answer that for u

the tool bar is useless, which might also contain spyware/adware even though you bought the lame service

also it also covers ur web browsing needs not p2p traffic

anonx uses VPN style encrypted connection that protects ur identity all around, whether it be web, emails, p2p's, no spyware/adware since there is no software to install, just like the dail up service u get with ur isp, simply as that

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thanks JB. Clear enough.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    this what i got when i made a telnet:

Could not open connection to the host, on port 17 23:connect faild.

so what i can do now ...i think that the ANONX is not working here , is there a solution for this?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Look at the error message if it says something like

Connecting To 38.112.161.130...Could not open a connection to host on port 1723
    : Connect failed

Then you cannot connect to the Anonx Server Farm, but if you get any other error like connection refused then your good.

Do you have a test drive account?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    the Error Msg is what i told you ... i tink that i cant connect

i dont have a test drive a count .... but what is test drive , i searched on the internet and found HP test drive so how this can help me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast