Iíve searched around the net and found that many other people have this exact same problem, but no working fix has been offered as yet so Iíll sum everything up.
- Downloads will not go above 2 sources/users no matter how many sources/users the file in question lists in the search window. Itís not a problem of rare files. Iíve tried dozens and dozens of files with 300+ sources. No matter what, each file can only connect to 2 users max.
- The Ďmax sources per fileí option has no effect no matter how high itís set. Even if it is set to Ď1í all the downloads will still be trying for 2 sources.
- Iíve fiddled with kazupernodes until Iím blue in the face. No change.
- Download speeds are fine if one of the 2 sources happens to have good upload capacity. But if the 2 users it happens to chose have slow uploads, itís stuck on very low kbís for however long their connected.
- I think this problem began since installing 2.4.3. Reverting back to 2.4.1 has no effect.
Personally Iím running XP, cable modem. Firewall or no firewall (programs or routers) makes no difference.
I think itís a problem with the Ďmax sources per fileí setting. Itís strange that it has no effect when raised or even lowered past 2. Some old 2 users on every file, no matter what. Iíve fiddled with all the obvious options. Nothing works. Iím totally stumped.
Anyone with the same problem have anything to add that Iíve left out? Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be?