Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay/paypal Experiences

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    I'm selling a shit load of stuff on ebay, and i'd like to know some background info. I know it's reliable, but anyone have bad experiences? how bad? and good experiences? and tips I could use for my sales? thanks : god i love these smilies.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Ive had mostly good experiences, but there are a few general rules: you gotta be prepared to pay money then get jipped out of it as the guy will not send it, claim it got lost in post: you can either a) get insurance on the product or B) post a negative comment about him.
    Most users are generally good, but if your gonna buy anthing over £50 you gotta make sure the dude your buying off has had alot of happy customers and is reliable. It also helps if the buyer/seller is in the same country as you although over seas not too bad.
    Hope it helps
    TNTIcemanTNT

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by TNTIcemanTNT@25 December 2003 - 17:51
    Ive had mostly good experiences, but there are a few general rules: you gotta be prepared to pay money then get jipped out of it as the guy will not send it, claim it got lost in post: you can either a) get insurance on the product or B) post a negative comment about him.
    Most users are generally good, but if your gonna buy anthing over £50 you gotta make sure the dude your buying off has had alot of happy customers and is reliable. It also helps if the buyer/seller is in the same country as you although over seas not too bad.
    Hope it helps
    TNTIcemanTNT
    thanks. i'm buying a svideo to rca cable thing for $1.00. a pretty good deal. and the seller has some crazily good ratings. so i'm sure i'll be fine. it's the selling that i'm a bit worried about. how long will it take for me to sell something? and how are these prices:

AOpen GeForce Fx 5200 128mb APG 8x:
    Starting bid: $30
    Buy it now: $50

Brand New Raidmax 350W ATX PSU
    Starting Bid: $12
    But it Now: $20

how are those prices? think ppl will buy them?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    comon. anyone wanna share their wisedom?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    First off its all down to luck. Members will browse through the screens and if they see what theyll like, theyll make a bid.
    Secondly, youll find that stuff especially graphics card will almost always exceed the buy now price, unless your pretty dam lucky. I can get some good deals on ebay, but alot of the time the price exceed the buy now price which is frustrating.
    And you have no idea how there are so many idiots who go about $50 over teh buy now price lol.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    so should i make the starting bid lower, or the buy now price higher? also, if the bid goes higher than the buy now price, (ex: current bid price: 59. buy now price: 50), will people be able to buy the Buy it Now? or do they have to win the auction? cuz if the auctions goes that high, can i change the buy it now price while the auction is going?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    i just submited my product. i have a problem:
    here's the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3449108674

Are all the text yellow?
    How can if fix this? How did this happen?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Yep, its in yellow alright. Bummer. Don't know how to help you.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    nvm. i got it now. html problem for item description. try the link again

10. Lounge   -   #10
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Yeah, its fine now, Abu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast