Thread: K-lite And Kmd Not Starting Up

Neither K-Lite, nor KMD will start up any longer. After double clicking a MS error report window pops up and indicates a fault with ModName msvcrt.dll, and has several associated errors in the report. I have no other ill effects, the program has been re-downloaded and re-installed several times, additionaly I have insured all my .dll files are in order and everything looks okay. Anybody ever see anything like this before?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    oggiethefroggie
    yep, i have this prob right now...

help!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    first of all save your shared files to a temp then uninstall both kmd and kliteyou are not suppost to have them both then delete both shared folders

delete db folder,

run adware to clean your pc for the kmd crap

then install klite

if you need the msvcrt.dll you can get it here

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Did as indicated, still shows the error message. Thistime with exthook.dll being the problem. The file in question is presant in my Windows system32 folder. Also AdAware is giving me a similar error message, and it also will not run. No other ill effects.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by salvati275@26 December 2003 - 14:51
    Did as indicated, still shows the error message. Thistime with exthook.dll being the problem. The file in question is presant in my Windows system32 folder. Also AdAware is giving me a similar error message, and it also will not run. No other ill effects.
    what is your os???

sounds like its time to clean your pc boss, if you have xp just do an os repair and that should take care of it for you

before all that, run upto date av and see if you have anything,m do a clean disk, defrag and somekind of registry cleaner

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quick Questions Musleman...

1. How do I run an OS Repair in XP?
    2. And will it leave all my personal files alone and only alter the OS?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    yes all your files will stay there as they are, that is why i recommended repair instead of format, if you have your xp cd then just put it in and boot from cd and then just follow instructions for repair

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    My comp came with XP already on it, so I dont think I have a XP disk I got a restore disk from the computer manufacturer though, do u think it might be on there?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by TheGatherer@27 December 2003 - 21:58
    My comp came with XP already on it, so I dont think I have a XP disk I got a restore disk from the computer manufacturer though, do u think it might be on there?
    IF you have the disk it should have it

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    hi there to all!!

i have the same problem and had to uninstall every kazaalite and did not re-install it since the klite#klchat rc6 is not working well on my pc. i got XP Home edition and previously was running klite 2.4.2 but i was searching successfully for the files however they were not getting downloaded even if the ETA of the file was really good.

My question is: Does this have to do anything with Mr Sharman BASTARD?

and secondly will there be any KAZAALITE software that i can use in the future after this klite#klchatrc6

Plse help me the error i am getting is as follows after installing the RC6 package and double clicking on the icon of klite.

error: "kazaa has detected that some required components to be installed are missing. kazaa will now close"

can anybody help me.

regards
    neo matrix

long live the matrix