Thread: More Sources Needed

hi.
    ive been trying to download some files (generally problem is with software) and even though there will be as many as 6 sources to dl from, the file will still not connect and say more sources needed. i dont belive that within 1 minute 6 people with the same fil simultaneously logged of kazaa and were back when i searched again. it only seems to do this with files that are a few hundred megabytes. also, usually when it is attempting to connect, you will see the username and it will say connecting and go through a few names before it says more sources needed. here, if u switch to traffic right after starting the download it will say connecting, but no usernames are specified and after only about 5-10 secs it will say more sources needed.

i am using kazaa lite 2.4.3 and the accelerator doesnt even seem to be able to fix the download problem. ive even tried dling a couple of files with around the same size and all with at least 3 sources and 1 by 1 they all went to more sources needed, without even attempting any one of the usernames in the search window. hopefully some1 out there knows what is going on

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Old Fella
    While your search comes up with 6 users, this does not mean that those 6 users can be downloaded from as they may already have their upload slots filled. If you are downloading a file that only came up with 6 users then be prepared to wait for upload slots to become available.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well wouldnt it be remotely queued then? also, ive been trying all day and from many different users and i still get no connection, or even attempts to connect. usually before it becomes remotely queued due to filled upload slots, it will 1st display that it is connecting to most of the users it found in the search

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Old Fella
    That's how it works. I imagine you are trying to download a hard to get file, try jumping supernodes a few times, search again, and even use auto search more for a couple of minutes. But be patient.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by mooo@25 December 2003 - 23:26
    hi.
    ive been trying to download some files (generally problem is with software) and even though there will be as many as 6 sources to dl from, the file will still not connect and say more sources needed. i dont belive that within 1 minute 6 people with the same fil simultaneously logged of kazaa and were back when i searched again. it only seems to do this with files that are a few hundred megabytes. also, usually when it is attempting to connect, you will see the username and it will say connecting and go through a few names before it says more sources needed. here, if u switch to traffic right after starting the download it will say connecting, but no usernames are specified and after only about 5-10 secs it will say more sources needed.

i am using kazaa lite 2.4.3 and the accelerator doesnt even seem to be able to fix the download problem. ive even tried dling a couple of files with around the same size and all with at least 3 sources and 1 by 1 they all went to more sources needed, without even attempting any one of the usernames in the search window. hopefully some1 out there knows what is going on
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps