Thread: Ie Problem Need Help......

guys, lately my IE seem to have some very weird displaying problem.

it happended right after i performed a temporary internet file deletion, my IE failed to display some images in certain websites, for example:

if i go to gamespot.com, its logo on the top of the page, which is the following link
    http://image.com.com/gamespot/shared/pi2/head_all2.jpg

failed to displayed in my browser. instead of the picture it's a little X, this is not the only picture, alot of gamespot.com. tomshardware.com and many other websites, many images (but not all) couldn't be loaded, in gamespot.com, the fonts of that website is arial, but under my browser, everything turned times new roman, with many broken pictures, the layout is a big mess, this is very annoying, can somebody give some advice? thanks

i already tried restore all my internet settings back to default, but nothing helped.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    in the ie menu, go to tools>internet options>advanced tab
    and click "restore defaults"

oops, just saw the end of your post, sry :">
    are you running any ad blockng software?
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by FKDUP74@26 December 2003 - 08:04

thank you, but i dont think i have any ad blocking softwares, at least not that i know of any, how do i find out? it's true that a lot of broken images are from advertisements

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    did you do anything else about this time?
    like, add a hosts file (but that doesn't explain the fonts...I know)

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Sparsely@26 December 2003 - 08:36
    did you do anything else about this time?
    like, add a hosts file (but that doesn't explain the fonts...I know)
    yea it's weird, all i did was just clearing up internet history files, that was it, and then the crap happended, here is a screenshot of gamespot.com

http://www.geocities.com/zhelynd/gs.html

other websites are not as distorted with the layout but similar to this one in terms of broken images.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    m.lawrence's Avatar KazaaLite User
    Originally posted by zhelynd+26 December 2003 - 07:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zhelynd @ 26 December 2003 - 07:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FKDUP74@26 December 2003 - 08:04

thank you, but i dont think i have any ad blocking softwares, at least not that i know of any, how do i find out? it&#39;s true that a lot of broken images are from advertisements [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s definitely probable that it&#39;s ad blocking/firewall software because simply deleting your temp. internet files won&#39;t and shouldn&#39;t mess up how you view web pages.Temporary internet files is supposed to be deleted. Did you use windows delete temp files or did you use a third party software to dump the temp files.If refreshing the page doesn&#39;t help then something is blocking something.No offence intended here but how can you know about the type of fonts a webpage displays and yet be unable to know how to find out what programs are running on your machine?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by m.lawrence+26 December 2003 - 11:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (m.lawrence @ 26 December 2003 - 11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by zhelynd@26 December 2003 - 07:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-FKDUP74
    @26 December 2003 - 08:04

thank you, but i dont think i have any ad blocking softwares, at least not that i know of any, how do i find out? it&#39;s true that a lot of broken images are from advertisements
    It&#39;s definitely probable that it&#39;s ad blocking/firewall software because simply deleting your temp. internet files won&#39;t and shouldn&#39;t mess up how you view web pages.Temporary internet files is supposed to be deleted. Did you use windows delete temp files or did you use a third party software to dump the temp files.If refreshing the page doesn&#39;t help then something is blocking something.No offence intended here but how can you know about the type of fonts a webpage displays and yet be unable to know how to find out what programs are running on your machine? [/b][/quote]
    the deletion was taken place under IE&#39;s internet options
    i checked under add/remove program, no suspecious ad blocking programs found, so i am suspecting the problem comes from my own security setting

as for the fonts,
    if you want, you can check out www.gamespot.com

after that compare what you see to my screenshot here
    http://www.geocities.com/zhelynd/gs.html

you will see the difference, mine is all messed up even the font is different, i know because i am a regular gamespot.com visitor.

thank you for your feedback