Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9600se

Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    it is ur mobo.... for sure i think it is giving way too much power to the agp slot u need go buy an ASUS!
    jus bought one on friday working great! no probs
    800mhzFSB 8xAGP = cheap! B)

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik@29 December 2003 - 16:25
    OK, I narrowed the problem down to my either my motherboard or the CPU causing the problem. I exchanged the ATI 9600 for a GeForce 5600 256 MB DDR and still have serious problems. SO, I bought a new Pentium4 2.6GHz CPU and had to downgrade to an ATI 5200 128 MB DDR, spending all this money is too much for me. Now I need a new motherboard. I don't want to take a chance on blowing out another CPU or video card with the current motherboard. The only thing left is my power supply, and I bought that NEW in August. It is 550 watt with dual fan cooling. I hope the power supply is not the root of the problem. I spent WAY too much money this weekend.

Has anyone here blown out a video card? Here's what happened to me twice. The first "blow-out" was with a GeForce ti440, suddenly the screen went blank, then a moment later the computer restarted with wacky graphics. The second time, the same thing happened with the Geforce 5600, but the computer never restarted. Oh, and a month ago, my geforce mx440 just deteriorated, no sudden blow-out. It just started acting funny with weird graphics.
    y did u buy another cpu....you know its not that....if it work fine w/ your mx440...than its not a cpu problem

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@29 December 2003 - 15:02

...did u buy another cpu....you know its not that....if it work fine w/ your mx440...than its not a cpu problem
    Thanks, but the MX 440 is basically fried too. I tried it on a different computer.
    Strange, but that crappy NVIDIA 16MB VANTA that I have used for emergency hasn't blown out, yet.

-----------------

I've been wanting to upgrade to a faster CPU anyhow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234