Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Camera

Hey,
    i got a new really shitty digital camera for x-mas that i want to play with. it's a TCD-80 if that helps. It came with Photo Express 4.0 that just doesn't work. i was wondering if someone knew some software so i could simpily and easily view the pics on my camera.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    the camera usally comes with its own software to acces files, the photoexpress will only be what they gave to edit the pics, check the cd for something else. like drivers etc. or check manufaturers website for drivers, and this will have the program to access the photos on the cam, or sometimes it will show up as a drive in my computer.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    alright, i got the driver installed, but the photo shop 4 won't work. is there another program i could use?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by scottwile@26 December 2003 - 16:32
    Hey,
    i got a new really shitty digital camera for x-mas that i want to play with. it's a TCD-80 if that helps. It came with Photo Express 4.0 that just doesn't work. i was wondering if someone knew some software so i could simpily and easily view the pics on my camera.
    If the camera has an USB connection you shouldn't need any additional software to view the pics, just use 'windows picture and fax viewer'
    Robert00000

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Where would i find that viewer? it didn't see it in the control panel.

and i'm not quite sure if the driver installed right, does that matter?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by scottwile@27 December 2003 - 02:16
    Where would i find that viewer? it didn't see it in the control panel.

and i'm not quite sure if the driver installed right, does that matter?
    Are you using windows xp? if you are when you double click the picture it should automatically use picture/fax viewer. If it doesn't right click the picture and go to PROPERTIES and CHANGE and look for the WINDOWS PICTURE AND FAX VIEWER and select it.

The drivers must be installed properly or else windows wont know how to use the device.
    Robert00000

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Robert00000 you don't understand, his problem is that he cannot even see the files in order to right click them or double click them or whatever else you wanted to do to them.
    he plugs his camera into his usb port, it makes a noise showing it is recognized, then nothing.
    He is using XP Home
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    if on XP home,
    open my computer, or windows explorer...soemthing that shows you all the stuff connected...

it should let you browse the pics on your camera as if it were any other type of storage device.
    you should see it listed at the bottom.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Try powering off your puter then plug in you camera usb port? T
    hen restart

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@27 December 2003 - 03:36
    Robert00000 you don't understand, his problem is that he cannot even see the files in order to right click them or double click them or whatever else you wanted to do to them.
    he plugs his camera into his usb port, it makes a noise showing it is recognized, then nothing.
    He is using XP Home
    This isnt what he said. He wanted a way to view the pics and wanted software recommendations.

He should check in My Computer to see if a removable device icon appears when he plugs in the camera. If it does he should double click it to browse the images.

If the icon doesnt appear, the drivers may need to be updated or there may be an Interrupt request conflict or the camera could be faulty.

It's 1.41 am and i need some sleep Nite all
    Robert00000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast