Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nintendo

bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by Nightwolf@27 December 2003 - 14:58
    If anyone still has N64 controllers, you may be interested in this...

http://www.wishtech.com/
    I would like to get an adapter for Gamecube/PS2 so I can use my N64 controllers with them. The N64 controller is the best all time controller for playing first person shooters on a console. It has the perfect setup, kinda sucks for other games, but the FPS market was dead on.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Thanks, I searched myself, and there are plenty on stuff on how to do it!
    this should be fun....
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Also, bigdawg, you are about the xbox controllers. They are pretty much a modified USB cable.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by bob_the_alien+12 January 2004 - 16:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bob_the_alien &#064; 12 January 2004 - 16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Nightwolf@27 December 2003 - 14:58
    If anyone still has N64 controllers, you may be interested in this...

http://www.wishtech.com/
    I would like to get an adapter for Gamecube/PS2 so I can use my N64 controllers with them. The N64 controller is the best all time controller for playing first person shooters on a console. It has the perfect setup, kinda sucks for other games, but the FPS market was dead on.[/b][/quote]
    You would think Nintendo would make an adapter so you could use an N64 controller in the Gamecube, but as usual they don&#39;t care what their customers want.

And as far as Xbox to USB, I just saw a show on G4 (video game channel) that made it look really easy to do yourself. All you need an an old USB cable and an extra Xbox cable (just that little 6 inch piece that plugs into the console). Just cut both cables and match up the colored wires. Then all you need are USB drivers so your PC will recognize it, which you can get here...

http://www.consoleinfo.co.uk/xbox/usbdriver/xid.zip

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    BANNED
    You mean the users that hack their consoles and download the games? I think Nintendo is the only REAL company in this business (console) which still has the stamina and balls to keep fighting with their own games and non-copied ones.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Actually I was refering to all the broken promises of add-on devices over the years, and their annoying tendancy to release a new console every 3 to 5 years without any backwards compatibily. If they can make an adapter to play Gameboy games, you can&#39;t tell me they can&#39;t make one to play N64, SNES or even old NES games.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    BANNED
    Well there&#39;s something called emulators.

Just use your hacked XBOX and have NES, SNES, TG16, GBA, N64, COMMODORE64, ATARI, MAME, and GENESIS games stored on the XBOX harddrive.

What else do you need?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    bob_the_alien's Avatar Bob The Alien
    Originally posted by DWk@13 January 2004 - 19:28
    Well there&#39;s something called emulators.

Just use your hacked XBOX and have NES, SNES, TG16, GBA, N64, COMMODORE64, ATARI, MAME, and GENESIS games stored on the XBOX harddrive.

What else do you need?
    I don&#39;t have an X-box, but I have a Dreamcast, and after I&#39;ve discovered running emulators on it and can run all the older systems on that one system, Its all the Dreamcast ever gets used for, well and playing Legacy of Kain, still addicted to that game even years later.

I do wish Nintendo would make something like a super-box that would play all the old system on one system, it would be nice, especially since I have around 40 or 50 NES games and my NES won&#39;t freakin&#39; work anymore , but of course I&#39;ve have every other Nintendo system as well, so it would be really nice to just use one system for all the games, but I&#39;m about 75% sure I won&#39;t live to see it, but who knows maybe one day I&#39;ll get presently surprised, but I won&#39;t hold my breath.
    "Where did he go, George, Where did he go?"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123