Thread: A Win For Us

I'm sure most have seen this already, but for those who haven't; the courts ruled that the RIAA/MPAA can NOT force ISP's to provide info on those customers that are sharing files. According to the article, this will make it extremely difficult for either the RIAA or the MPAA to gather evidence to pursue lawsuits.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If its the truth, then :guinesssmile:
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by sikrap@21 December 2003 - 23:35
    I&#39;m sure most have seen this already, but for those who haven&#39;t; the courts ruled that the RIAA/MPAA can NOT force ISP&#39;s to provide info on those customers that are sharing files. According to the article, this will make it extremely difficult for either the RIAA or the MPAA to gather evidence to pursue lawsuits.
    they cant force them but what if an isp chooses to give out the names. I think it will be highly unlikely becuase they would eb losing costumers but some might choose to give out info.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by twister203@22 December 2003 - 00:53
    they cant force them but what if an isp chooses to give out the names. I think it will be highly unlikely becuase they would eb losing costumers but some might choose to give out info.
    Yeah, but with the growing size of ISP&#39;s, as the competition gets bought up, soon it may be that many people don&#39;t have a choice of ISP. Then they would have nothing to lose, because customers couldn&#39;t switch. Hats off to Verizon, though, I&#39;ve been really impressed by their willingness to fight the RIAA on this one.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    lol stupid riaa can just bust into peoples business and start suing what morons...