Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: My First Time Vcd

summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Originally posted by Shinigami@19 February 2003 - 02:44
    Just open up Nero>select to burn a Video Cd>Drag and Drop the Avi then burn. Nero will automatically encode the avi to mpg.
    I wish...............
    Tried it 3 times a few weeks ago, and always at the end: "errror"
    It made me furious so i stopped trying.
    Now i downloaded VCD Easy (someone else mentioned that in another thread) but havent tried it yet.
    Do you know that programm, and is it as good as Nero (at least, as good as Nero 'should' be)
    I must burn some movies, my HD is getting full.
    To the Dutch:
    Weet iemand een goede Nederlandse site waar het stap voor stap staat uitgelegd?

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    I know that it goes by size now and the movie i want to encode is 1hr 11mins but 11hrs to encode thats a long time thats longer then it took me to download the whole movie on 56k!!!!

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Poster
    remember if ya want SVCD go with tmpgenc plus pm me if you want the sig

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    Does it always take that long to encode???If so why and is there a faster way I would think for a movie an 1hr long maybe 3 to 4 hrs to encode but 11hrs thats just stupid but i guess what do i know???!!!!!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Yes, it can take all night to decode a file, depending on the format. It may seem like a huge hassle, but considering the movie is free, you can't complain. VCD/SVCD burning has gotten alot easier over the past few years, mainly because of better quality rips.

However, with the advent of divx and xvid codecs, there are alot of 700mb files on kazaa, that cannot be simply burned to disk, as I'm sure you'll see if you experiment long enough.

If you want high quality rips, I suggest you start spending time at vcdhelp.com.... the tutorials are excellent, and all the questions that need answering are there. I went from newbie, to VCD junkie, to SVCD master, to DVD mastering and ripping, and I did it all with the help of that website.

Get yourself a cup of coffee, don't look for the easy way out, and put in the time to research it. It won't be long before you are burning lots of cool movies from the web, and watching them on your big screen tv at home, in full dolby digital surround sound.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    yes my dads dvd player wouldnt play cdr so i tried cdrw and it worked fine

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    cd -rw are very similar to commercialy available cds so no need for twin lasers to read then unlike cd-rs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345