Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed!

Originally posted by noname12@28 December 2003 - 07:39
    Yeah but all I want to know is why in Jah's name was he crying over posts made by a few members.... If you get bullied you have no one else but your self to blame after making that remark.
    I am sorry I dont understand your post. If you are talking to me. Did I say I was bullied?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by hypodermic+28 December 2003 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hypodermic @ 28 December 2003 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 December 2003 - 07:39
    Yeah but all I want to know is why in Jah&#39;s name was he crying over posts made by a few members.... If you get bullied you have no one else but your self to blame after making that remark.&nbsp;
    I am sorry I dont understand your post. If you are talking to me. Did I say I was bullied? [/b][/quote]
    explain what you were cryin about?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    BANNED
    wow the forum has changed and i woke up today any other interesting news to bring up while we are on the subject?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by hypodermic+28 December 2003 - 07:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hypodermic @ 28 December 2003 - 07:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@28 December 2003 - 07:39
    Yeah but all I want to know is why in Jah&#39;s name was he crying over posts made by a few members.... If you get bullied you have no one else but your self to blame after making that remark.&nbsp;
    I am sorry I dont understand your post. If you are talking to me. Did I say I was bullied? [/b][/quote]

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an+28 December 2003 - 07:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kurtsl0an &#064; 28 December 2003 - 07:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hypodermic@28 December 2003 - 01:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-noname12
    @28 December 2003 - 07:39
    Yeah but all I want to know is why in Jah&#39;s name was he crying over posts made by a few members.... If you get bullied you have no one else but your self to blame after making that remark.

I am sorry I dont understand your post. If you are talking to me. Did I say I was bullied?
    explain what you were cryin about? [/b][/quote]
    I am just pointing out a few observations. If you read back through the posts of the last few months with an open mind you might notice what I am talking about. Remember I did not start this thread. I only made, a few very measured comments to prevent being moderated or expelled. In case you are wondering I am not this Hypowhatever you call him/her.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    I don&#39;t think we&#39;ve abandoned one forum for another really. I like KLF for different reasons to the smaller forum, precisely because there are so many people and if a thread takes off, it can be really interesting. I&#39;ve just found little to interest me on KL lately, no doubt because of the holidays. I was also a little tired of being flamed, so some topics, if particular members are posting in them, I avoid.

Someone mentioned Glasgow Mafia? Yes. I agree with that one.

Bottom line is we&#39;re talking 2 different sorts of forums. Both are fun, that&#39;s what it&#39;s about. The smaller forums are more intimate ... we share more about ourselves ... and therefore become real friends. We started out as 6 not even a month ago, now we are 40, and I think largely a bunch of bright, fun people who all contribute a lot. It doesn&#39;t mean that we won&#39;t be posting at KL anymore. I think you&#39;ll find that even UKMan will be back when he finds something to interest him.

I&#39;m not so sure about BigBoab, it seems he was hurt fairly badly and whoever did that should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Just a note before I go off on holiday. I am not being paranoid. But if anyone is hunting for my IP address they may come up with two. I dont know which is valid at the moment.

1. Sheffield. Home Address, Eastgate, Sometown, Lincolnshire.

2. Glasgow &#39;Work&#39; Address. West of Beyers Rd, Glasgow. Near the only University in Glasgow.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by hypodermic@28 December 2003 - 08:09
    Just a note before I go off on holiday. I am not being paranoid. But if anyone is hunting for my IP address they may come up with two. I dont know which is valid at the moment.

1. Sheffield. Home Address, Eastgate, Sometown, Lincolnshire.

2. Glasgow &#39;Work&#39; Address. West of Beyers Rd, Glasgow. Near the only University in Glasgow.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an+28 December 2003 - 07:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kurtsl0an @ 28 December 2003 - 07:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hypodermic@28 December 2003 - 01:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-noname12
    @28 December 2003 - 07:39
    Yeah but all I want to know is why in Jah&#39;s name was he crying over posts made by a few members.... If you get bullied you have no one else but your self to blame after making that remark.

explain what you were cryin about? [/b][/quote]
    I think you misinterpreted his reason for crying. He was laughing so hard he was crying is the impression I get. If Jonno and Titey are involved I don&#39;t think think I&#39;m going out on a limb, then throw in a *anna anna miller* topic that pretty much seals it.

No longer than I&#39;ve been on the board I&#39;ve seen changes for the good and not so good. Back when the board was having probs,was down more than it was up a lot of people tended to be short of temper. Especially newcomers could rarely ask a question without getting slammed. Then the board got its problems resolved and people for the most part seatled down quite a bit.

Personally I have to to take breaks from the board. Sometimes just from boredom alone. Other times the petty fights and flames just get a little old. I still hate to try and follow a topic with a lot of name calling, insults made just because that person does&#39;nt agree with their views. If a lot of these people truely like to debate topics as much as they say they do why do many try to scare off would be posters. Or for that matter try to intimidate someone, or so it seems to me-to make them mad enough to leave the topic and try to make them feel like their stupid or their views absurd. Is winning that important?

I still with that said, think the board will bounce back when in difficult times. Theres always going to be ups and downs. I might get mad at a certain member for being an asshole but probally meet two more that are&#39;nt. I enjoy meeting people from all over the world-hear their opinions-mabe not agree but thats not the most important thing to me. I don&#39;t know how many times people have influenced my beliefs by hearing their side. I respect everyones opinion until they cross the line, with a bunch of bullshit. Then I stop hearing their opinion and tend to focus on what a smartass or dumbass they are.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    I cant comment on how much its changed over the past 6 months.. but its changed in the last month.

There seems to be a lack of tolerance from a lot of the members who&#39;ve been here the longest, to a lot of new people.

Things don&#39;t stay the same unfortunately, so people come and people go. Yes some migrate to smaller, more intimate boards, where the discussion can still be just as heated, (because people still have their own opinions, thank goodness) but the tolerance factor comes more into play.

The trouble with bigger boards imo is that there is a lack of that "human" side. For a lot of us that makes us want to stay away. Maybe people should ask the questions to those who have been around for a while and who have migrated to the smaller boards what it is they find so attractive about them. You seem to respect their opinions. I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll find the answers.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast