Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum Has Changed!

Poster
    Originally posted by hypodermic@28 December 2003 - 08:35
    I agree with Billy Dean. I have noticed a lot of primary school bullying going on on this Forum recently. People are being pulled up for, what I consider small offences, yet others because they are members who think they are intelligent get away with really offensive material(In my opinion). Is it because this, I call them Glasgow Mafia, group of children have the backing, and membership, of at least one person who is a Moderator and should know better? Back about two or three months ago, reading posts in this Forum, I had tears streaming down my face with posts from the likes of Clocker, Billy Dean, Titey, Jonno, UKman, JPaul, Bigboab and a few others I forget at this time of the morning. What has happened to that? Well I have been told personally by two of them that they stepped on the toes of at least one of the 'Gang' and received offensive PM's. Which were reported and no action was taken. When I joined yesterday(under a well chosen new name ) I deliberately 'stepped' on toes. If you read my threads you will see the 'ganging up'. Can you remember the quest for AnnaMiller, I long for the old days.
    If one of the threads you were talking about was the Celtic are crap one, which started of as a celebration of a 6-0 victory then what do you expect.

A group of Celtic supporters, primarily from Glasgow disagreed with your position that they could not achieve even mediocre success in the English Premiership. This is not really surprising is it. Are you saying that thread got overly offensive or declined into mere flame, I would have to look at it again to decide on that. However I don't recall it being that way.

If as you say you also deliberately stepped on toes and people reacted to it, particularly if it was aimed at specific individuals, then again it really isn't surprising.

Self-fulfilling prophecy one feels.

There are cliques here who "hunt in packs" they are quite obvious and people know who they are. As do they themselves. This makes the whole moral high ground thing more to be pitied than scorned.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    i agree with J'Pol. and if you don't agree with us, then we will get Lamsey to moderate you! The Glasgow Mafi........ edit - apart from the fact i'm not from Glasgow exactly, and i'm a Rangers fan, not a Celtic fan...

Seriously though, the Forum hasn't changed much really.There may be more crap to trawl through to reach good threads, but they are still there waiting to be found. One of the main problems is that people take this too seriously. This is a public forum, and just as people will try their hardest to provoke a reaction or start a fight with you in real life, they will do so here too.

You just have to deal with it. I'm not saying i've not been pissed off at things on the board and argued against them, but i wouldn't say i'd ever had an all-out flame war with someone.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I really want to know who hurt bigboab. I dont think i ever saw the thread.

This board needs it older members back......thats all im saying

4. Lounge   -   #34
    maybe we just need to give the newer members a chance?

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by the_faceman@28 December 2003 - 14:11
    maybe we just need to give the newer members a chance?
    I am not from glasgow either, also i am not in the mafia. we never talk about the australian mafia do we?

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@28 December 2003 - 15:10
    I really want to know who hurt bigboab. I dont think i ever saw the thread.

This board needs it older members back......thats all im saying
    As an older member I would also like to find out what happened. I was totally oblivious until someone mentioned it.

Here one minute, gone the next. However I suppose these places are a bit like that. Ships in the night and so forth.

I agree with faceman as well tho'. I have seen some interesting new posters recently. Whether they are genuinely new people, or just new names I do not know. I'm not sure if it matters '.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    BANNED
    If anyone wants to know what happened to BigBoab just ask him, he lives here now.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@28 December 2003 - 15:24
    If anyone wants to know what happened to BigBoab just ask him, he lives here now.

Are you allowed to post links to other forums, other than in sigs.

I'm sure this was a wee mistake, you generally don't do this, but I believe it is links in sigs only now BD.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    BANNED
    Strange J'Pol that you should say that, cos when this ...
    hello everobody, I'm very happy to know that K++ is still alive

I'm coming from Fasttrack here.
    .... was posted in another thread, your reply was ...

Et Joyeux Noel.
    I'm sure it was just an oversight on your behalf JP; will you tell him, or shall I?

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    i'm sure that guy being new had something to do with his ignorance, what is your excuse?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast