Thread: Just A Thought......

I know I'm not the only one getting bogus software. I downloaded Max Payne 2 only to find out it was Postal 1. I thought the file size was damn small, but figured I'd give it a shot.

I hope the asshole responsible catches a nasty case of crotch rot!!!!

Has anyone thought that the software makers and possibly the vendors have stolen a page from the : RIAA's Book of Shitty Tricks : ? Maybe, just maybe, their upping fake progs to slow down the use of pirated software on P2P. It's just a thought. I kind of doubt it, but it's not impossible.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Max Payne is a game and not a software. And I dont think companies that make software are after the downloads. They dont really care about it as their main clients are not normal pc users but big companies.

For even games i doubt someone would do that. I think its the dumb users who cannot make out the different between Max Payne and Postal name their game applications as the other.

Many times i downloaded some music files which actually were of some other singer. But the user who had it apparantly didnt know the difference or he didnt care.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Actually, games are a form of software. I do accede the point that the big companies are more concerned about their coporate clients, but they do hate to lose money. The money lost is all the larger for it being &#39;imaginary&#39; or at least esily inflatable. All it takes is a bunch of bean counters to point out that file sharing is costing the industry &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036; and they&#39;ll get nuts like the RIAA pukes.

Now I&#39;ll grant it&#39;s not likely and very unlikely to be organized, but well within the realm of possibility.

Remember: Just cuz yer paranoid doesn&#39;t mean no ones out to get you&#33; Hell, no one would believe that the RIAA would be sueing 14 year olds over a few songs.....&#39;till it happened.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Software & Games are both Applications

Anyways, I know what you are saying but it is highly unlikely that the software industry will do a thing like this. They dont really care a bit. Personal Users hardly makes a difference for them. And 14yr olds get caught coz they are blatant in their acts. In any case dont get paranoid&#33; It might happen but its not happening yet
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    :beerchug: okokok..... :beerchug: I surrender&#33;

Yer prob right. Maybe I&#39;m just getting a little nuts in my advancing years.

Or maybe not.... :gunsmile: :guinesssmile:

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    :beerchug:

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by I.am@27 December 2003 - 22:39
    But the user who had it apparantly didnt know the difference or he didnt care.
    exactly....just ppl that download stuff..

whenever i download something, i VERIFY it... and if its not what it was supposed to be, i either rename it or delete it...

my computer should be called 100% verified

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@28 December 2003 - 05:59
    Software & Games are both Applications
    Eh?

Saying that is like saying hardware and memory are both printers.

FFS, anything you run on a computer, including games, applications and utilities, is software.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?