Thread: Is This Possible, Scrolling Newsfeeds

I'm looking for a new sig so i though i would try to put a scrolling newsfeed in my sig, i've tried copy pasting the code but it doesnt work and xml links but it doesnt work.

<applet code="sevenAMNewsTicker.class" codebase="http://www.7am.com/java" width=450 height=15>
    <param name="channels" VALUE="+WORLDnews ">
    </applet>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/rss/default.stm

Is this even possible?

Is there any banner gif/jpg scrolling news feeds that would work?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Out of The Ordinary
    HTML in signatures is disabled.

BOT

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    you can get a new php script to work. What you have is java there and its disabled. Html news tickers are called marquees. What you have is a java applet and it doesnt work.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by I.am@28 December 2003 - 10:12
    you can get a new php script to work. What you have is java there and its disabled. Html news tickers are called marquees. What you have is a java applet and it doesnt work.
    Anybody know one of these as most are javascript.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Sorry had almost forgot about this. I doubt if you can find it. All you have to do is not that hard. You need a simple news php script which you can find online anywhere. Search on google. Then you need to write the output of the file on an image. And you need to set on your server so that when that image is called the php script executes. I posted a while back how to display other&#39;s ip in your sig using your own php code instead of images from other hosts that used to have their name.

Somehow i cant find the post. Try searching it and follow the same. Thats pretty much what you have to do with newsticker as well.

-
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>