Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvd Question

yeh but my video card shouldnt matter should it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    I was just curious and wondering if your Video card has an S video port on the back of it, because then atleast you could plug your DVD player in .

Kinda pointless though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by shoutman@27 December 2003 - 23:19
    im talkin about home entertainment dvd players, and i wana watch it on my tv
    no. WMV is a variation of Mpeg-4, and most players only support MPEG-1 (VCD) or MPEG-2 (DVD/SVCD). the players that do support MPEG-4 can only play DivX, XviD, or files that are compatible with those formats-- WMV is a product of Microsoft, so they would charge a license fee (and prolly an expensive one...) to use their technology in the players.

compared to DivX/XviD, WMV displays lower quality at similar bit rates anyway. you're better off just sticking with MPEG and AVI files. if you really have no other option because the material doesn't exist in other formats, you could use TmpgEnc to convert to WMV to VCD-format MPEG...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    *Grunt*
    Ive seen a few players that support all run of the mill formats including WMA that arnt particulaly expensive, you'll have to look for one that specifies that it does.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    can u link us to one?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Neo 721@28 December 2003 - 13:46
    Ive seen a few players that support all run of the mill formats including WMA that arnt particulaly expensive, you'll have to look for one that specifies that it does.
    WMA is not WMV. your post is completely off-topic.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    well thanks for all ure help anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12