Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shareaza Betrayed Me!

aserty's Avatar Poster
    Shareaza is faster then Shadows client for torrents because it downloads off of the other netoworks at the same time.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    muchspl2
    its never happen to me, think its just a myth
    any confirmation on this in the real world

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    aserty's Avatar Poster
    When I get back from my vacation I will start a torrent a take a screen shot if it downloading off otehr netowrks for you.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by johnrsellers@28 December 2003 - 08:41
    I've been trying to D/L Turbo Pascal for Windows for four hours w/ Shareaza.....using KL, I got it in 20 minitues.
    shareaza and emule and many others program uses other way to download files..
    so you will see that in those program you often download slow..
    in all fasttrack u will download fast in kinda way.. but fasttrack have much more fakes file than any others...

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Considering most of my KL downloads are "legit", it's still better than Shareaza. Besides, I've turned on the "Filter bogus music and video files." I know it won't catch 'em all, but it helps.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@28 December 2003 - 15:13
    the thing is soon a person or persons will say shareaza is super fast @ torrents, thats false also, if you get shadows client or a client built on shadows core you will get even faster speeds
    what trick people up and I believe they did it on purpose is by defaulting to kbs instead of KB's
    it seems to me its clearly meant to be a deception to n00bs to think its going faster than it really is

don't get me wrong emule is great for rare movies
    Uh, shareaza defaults to kb's instead of KB's because they are much more accurate than KBs. And trust me, shareaza is way faster and better for BT's than any other BT only client. No other BT client can you swarm from 4 different networks all at once.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    muchspl2
    I would like to try it again, but I have always gotten faster speeds on other clients, I could never get stuff from other networks, guess bt is the only network besides newsgroups and irc that have had the torrents I have tried
    whats a good one thats @ suprnova and well spread on g2 network

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Ok, Kazaa Lite is faster, but I use Shareaza for software... It's a really good program to find working and virus-free warez!!!

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by aserty@28 December 2003 - 11:11
    Shareaza is faster then Shadows client for torrents because it downloads off of the other netoworks at the same time.
    I have had torrents that were swarming with others on the G2 network as well. Though it may be that those same users would also be accessable while using another client as well. Where this may differ is that after completion of the torrent if it is left in the shared folder and the screen for shareaza has had the clear completed clicked then that file may now only be available to swarm with other G2 users.

However it appears shraeaza cannot access all sources for a torrent or has some limitation or bandwidth issues while downloading, perhaps it can only handle so many connections. I say this because I have never had a torrent on shareaza go beyond around 40KB (not kb). I have tested downloading the same torrents at the same time using shareaza and shadow, the shareaza torrents would max out at about 40KB if lucky while the shadow torrent was around 150KB, thats proof...

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    For the movies, games BITTORENT

For music Blubster

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast