Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Need A Way To Block People Who Don't Share!

While we're at it, someone actually made a useful suggestion, jumping supernodes.

I've tried that. But I get the exact same grinchy users no matter how many times I jump.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    like i said ...my heart bleeds for you...lol

Now someone pass a hanky please, my eyes have tears in them

You couldnt ban me anyways...i gave up on kazaa back when version 2.4. something came out...
    i just stick around to hear the moaning noobies(YOU) whine at what lifes dished them out

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 11:43
    While we're at it, someone actually made a useful suggestion, jumping supernodes.

I've tried that. But I get the exact same grinchy users no matter how many times I jump.
    kazaa is for sharers, winmx is for traders. . .
    go back to winmx

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I've never been to winmx

While we're on the topic of cuddliness and trading and being better than everyone else, then why don't some of you get over yourselves and help me out?

Maybe if I'm helped I'll see the errors of my ways and leave you in peace.
    Meanwhile, giving me guilt trips and flames is only going to make me come back.

So...what good does jumping supernodes do if every time I do it I get the exact same users who won't SHARE with me?
    And why isn't anyone flaming them? I WANT to share. If I didn't I'd just TURN OFF SHARING. I want to share, these people don't. Who's the one in need of a browbeating from people who STEAL?

I just don't want to share with TWO PEOPLE, while still sharing my files with EVERYONE ELSE

But at this point I'd settle for just knowing why the fuck people tell me to jump supernodes if it doesn;t give me a new list of people to share with?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED
    dude....look.... the purpose of p2p is CARELESS sharing.... its not tic for tac or tac for tic..... its just giving shit... like christmas.....

either get that on ur stubborn head or turn off sharing

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    First off, we've already established that I WANT TO FUCKING SHARE

And that my problem is with people who DON'T FUCKING WANT TO SHARE with ME.

And don't give me the idealistic BS about this being a community of people who share for the sake of sharing and goodness and fucking teddyberar farts. Because the obvious hostility I've gotten from not wanting to share with TWO PEOPLE is proof that the huggsy-wuggsy line is total BULLSHIT. If half of you arrogant pricks were really that concerned with altruism then you wouldn't be such assholes.

Am I the only person who thinks getitng a guilt trip about sharing from a den of thieves is just the slightest bit hypocritical?

Besides that, the topic has moved on. I'm now asking about jumping supernodes and why the hell it doesn;t do dick.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    it dont do dick because your IP and username are stored in their partial downloaded dat files, so even if you change IP they can search kazaa for your file through your username in the supernodes

BTW can you show me your "nice message" you wanted to send the user in question?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I was trying to jump supernodes to find alternate sources for the files I want, not to try to evade the people who weren't allowing me to get files from them. I've actually accepted the fact that there's not much I can do about them.

Is it for the reason you mentioned that I can't seem to download off of anyone new when I jump? Do I have to start a brand new search/download when I jump?

As to the mesage, it usually goes something like this.

"I'm sorry to intrude, but I really need this file. Is there any way you could let me get it from you?"

Usually this just resultsd in a 'failed to deliver' message, stony silence or a curt suggestion to go fuck myself.
    Though sometimes it has worked. In more than one ocasion it lead to exchangin AIM info and direct file transfers. One of the people I've asked has even become a fairly good friend of mine.

Believe it or not, I enjoy chatting with otuer users and I do my best to make a positive first impression.
    In this case, I got hostility and guilt trips, and so I reacted with hostility.
    Don't get me wrong, a couple people have tried offering suggestions, and I thank them. But their voices are lost in the ironic ranting of others.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by Tonkatsu@29 December 2003 - 05:39
    Every time I need a file from them I get Q'd. ... if they're not sharing with ME then why the hell should I share with them?
    that ain't sharing, thats trading

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    And not sharing is still not sharing.
    And anything we do is still stealing.
    So...why does it matter, and what does that have to do with why jumping supernodes doesn't give me any fresh sources of downloads?

If you'll note, I've gotten over the fact that people would rather take from me than help me out. The only reason I'm even talking about it still is because I have to keep defending myself from thieves who think they're better than other thieves.

The curreent thread of conversation is "If I can't keep them from downloading from me, can I at least find another source to download from?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast