Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download Speed

I noticed that when i am downloading something from a site(like demo games or freeware) I get a download speed more than 100kbps. I used audioglaxy, imesh kazaalite and bittorrent and none gave me more speed than only 40kbps(no matter how many sources or seeds there are). Is it normal????
    sig removed.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    What speed internet do yo have, and i mean speed not type becuase so many people just respond with cable or Xdsl.

ie 512 adsl

then i can answer ur question

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    128 adsl. well i really dont get 100kbps. but and average of 60kps from sites and average of 20kbps from p2p.
    sig removed.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    When you download from a site It's from server.P2P your connecting to several different people and it depends on what they have for upload. (↔a direct link is always faster.)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    my speeds are wayyyy faster on http and ftp then kazaa etc
    thats why i use ftp and http alot more

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    It's normal P2P is slower than HTTP/FTP transfers... But there are exeptions:

# FastTrack: Can be very fast, with enough sources you get your full speed...
    # eDonkey: Very slow......
    # BitTorrent: Very fast, always @ full speed...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Mate ppl limit there upload speed so not to use it all up.With five sources only giving 10kb,is all your going to get.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    With p2p, you're only able to get however much download speed as people have UPLOAD speed. (Actually, in total, the download is SLOWER than the upload&#33

Since MOST broadband connections can download 4-20 TIMES faster than they can upload, then the fastest speeds you'll typically get will be 1/4 to 1/20th of your max download speed. If you're getting any faster than that, it's because someone else ISN'T.

Look at what you give back (upload) and expect your long-term download amounts to be no greater than that.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by aizlumzan@28 December 2003 - 19:36
    128 adsl. well i really dont get 100kbps. but and average of 60kps from sites and average of 20kbps from p2p.
    right well 60kbps on 128adsl is kinda impossible.

the max ull get from any site/ftp/http/p2p is 16kbps. this is limited by ur download speed.

ignore any speeds reported by windows and kazaa lite since they deal with burst packets and that messes up the timings of the last packet recieved and this causes the speed to be miscalculated. do speed checks on about half way through the file that way ull see that the speed is more like what you should be getting.

Xan

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    yes kazaa is very slow

I regularly down things at over 180 190 kilobytes per second sometimes almost 300 kilobytes but I can never get anything anywhere near that on kazaa

just something u have to deal with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast