Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Guide To .rar, .r01, And .001 Files

BANNED
    The Ultimate Guide to .rar, .r01, and .001 files

OK, so you downloaded a game or a movie and all you got are a bunch of files with any of the extensions above? Here's what you have to do:

1. Goto RarLabs or RarSoft and grab WinRAR, a file-compressing utility. If you've heard of WinZip, this is practically the same but with better compression ratio and a different format (RAR).

2. Install WinRAR with SHELL support

3. Right click the first file you have in the folder (either if its a .rar, a .r01, or a .001) and click "Extract to <name-of-the-file>&#092;". If .001 files dont have this option in its right-click menu, double-click the file and then "Select a program from a list". If WinRAR isnt on that list already, click browse and go to C:&#092;Program Files&#092;WinRAR (or wherever you installed it) and select WinRAR. After that, Extract the files to a new folder.

4. After this, the new folder would hold either the bin/cue or the iso or the movies. If its a bin/cue or iso, you should burn it with Nero or mount it with Alcohol 120%/Daemon Tools. Check the pinned topics for that.

NOTE: If you want to check the integrity of all the downloaded files, and with the bunch of files there is a .sfv file, grab yourself QuickSFV, a utility that helps you check that every file you downloaded isn&#39;t corrupt.

Hope this helps.... just made it cuz i saw lotsa ppl asking this lately.
    w0rd up... keep p2p alive
    DWk

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    good job

and just to add
    if you get a tar file you need to open it with winrar to extract the rar files
    then you need to open the rar files with winrar to extract the file

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    should be good for n000bies

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    just a grain of sand in the contribution to the world
    B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Worthy of a pin I reckon. B)

If it does get pinned I would add a link to the appropriate topic when you mention mounting images with Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools.

Good job.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Skillian@28 December 2003 - 15:30
    Worthy of a pin I reckon. B)

If it does get pinned I would add a link to the appropriate topic when you mention mounting images with Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools.

Good job.
    yea asked lamsey but he said there are 2 much pinned topics lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Makes sense, there are a lot in here. The Bittorrent section would be the wrong place I suppose, but that does seem to be where all the .001 questions come up.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nice guide, I will link any related question&#39;s to this thread for sure, not that I really help around here,.. I mostly lurk

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    v nice DWK well done

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    good work dwk. thing is ur only addressing one thing in this thread. there are other files besides .001 files that are split. but still good work

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast