Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Dont All The Develepors Come Together?

kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Yea Kazaa Lite United is a pretty good name for the new kazaa but the name choosing is the develepors job

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster
    In time ressurections name may change just as kazaa lite went from k lite, to k++ edition. You never know.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    I just joined the klboard....I just got a new laptop this month and discovered that k++ got trampled over.

I'm not really doing anything exciting now in college...I'd be happy to help

(might not be much of a help though...i'm programming a computer ai for a competition as well as building the stupid robot...i'm also working on a database thing...and i'm taking 21 credits next sem).

I've also been working on a better version of cowpimp (lets you download mp3s from itunes users who are sharing).

on a side note...for the name of this "new" version, I think we should just stick with the old name...kazaa lite...why change it?

just post here and i'll do whatever i can

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Ok We will keep the old Kazaa Lite name and thanks for your offer aznbreak. I am sure someone will need your help here and there

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    I will talk to darth, aznbreak. And if you did want to. You may even be able to work with darth if your in programing. Me personally am a crappy programer i understand what the books say. But when it comes to programing my own material i lack, i guess the vision. But i do host and i am a big source of files for kazaa lite. (fastrack network) and Edonkey. So i do as much as i can

btw aznbreak what languages are you able to program in?

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    It's SICK!!
    There are so many wannabes.
    Too many "Kazaa Lites" and all of them are BULLSHIT!

:helpsmile:

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Originally posted by Ricky_1146@6 January 2004 - 23:15
    I will talk to darth, aznbreak. And if you did want to. You may even be able to work with darth if your in programing. Me personally am a crappy programer i understand what the books say. But when it comes to programing my own material i lack, i guess the vision. But i do host and i am a big source of files for kazaa lite. (fastrack network) and Edonkey. So i do as much as i can

btw aznbreak what languages are you able to program in?
    Java...VB...C++...C...

...I'm best at Java

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Why just stop at Developers. We all know that Kazaa Lite had some drawbacks. Why not get everyone that can help in any way involved.

For instance

1) Developers obviously work together to create a new, bigger, better, more powerful, and comprehensive version of Kazaa Lite w/ toned down versions

2) Security. Now that RIAA/MPAA/Sharman is out to get lots of people, I think the K-Lite team should have a security team as well to implement security features and what not. Sooner or later Peer Guardian may just not be enough

3) The necessities. A group of members to create useful tools for the community that are not out yet. Although many tools are out now, a variety of tools (ie from the security team) may need to be implemented

And other sorts of teams like that etc...

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Pretty good idea.............................

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Poster
    Well like i have always said. I am security paranoid, and if any of you heard of defcon. I am apart of it and trust me. That is a ap of endless security experts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast