Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Firewalled But Not Firewalled

Every prog I try to use such as Azureus, Bittorrent (any version), Torrent Storm...ALL give me the yellow firewalled light, even my MSN Messenger is given me unable to connect due to firewall problems errors. I have the latest versions of all the progs, and Im using Win XP Pro...yes i did turn off my crappy built in Xp Firewall and I uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro months ago...I have no other firewall program...any solutions? btw im only a 56ker so im on dial up...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    angel_of_death57
    Do you use a router

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I recommend you to use Sygate Personall Firewall, many people have problems with ZoneAlarm...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    angel_of_death57
    Thats an awful firewall its crappy i hate it so much it did not stop MSBlast with my PC, Zone Alarm alot easier to useand stopsMSn Blast with my PC. And yes when i tried both firewalls i had latest pacthes from Microsoft

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    @angel_of_death57
    Ok, weird... Using Sygate Personal Firewall Pro v5.5 and no problems @ all... It also stopped M$ Blaster...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    angel_of_death57
    Hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm
    Well ZoneAlarm Protects My PC Perfectly and BitTorrent works on Green
    Sygate caused attacks and everything slow on mine.

SO my choice will be ZoneAlarm Pro
    Not Zone Alarm free cos that sucks

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    No,no, no...Im NOT using a firewall...I did use Zone Alarm Pro like half a year ago but it has long since been uninstalled...I have NO RUNNING FIREWALLS...as far as a router, im not sure exactly what a router is...like i said im only on dial up.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    @soma
    Ok, simple question.... Do you have a internal modem???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Yes...just a generic V.92 crappy internal modem.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by soma@29 December 2003 - 01:28
    Every prog I try to use such as Azureus, Bittorrent (any version), Torrent Storm...ALL give me the yellow firewalled light, even my MSN Messenger is given me unable to connect due to firewall problems errors. I have the latest versions of all the progs, and Im using Win XP Pro...yes i did turn off my crappy built in Xp Firewall and I uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro months ago...I have no other firewall program...any solutions? btw im only a 56ker so im on dial up...
    I'm shocked that you have been browsing the internet without a firewall . Are you using antivirus?

How do the warnings appear, it is like the zonealarm warning? I'm thinking you must have firewall installed otherwise you won't get any warnings.
    Robert00000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast