Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Fair Play, Or Not?

Poster
    I will remove the pics BUT in future please do not make pics public available if you allow others to access private pictures because this example shows that it will be abused and it can't be our job to fix problems that only exist because somebody links a public accessable picture.

Marc

Edit: Pics are gone.
    If you find more PM me since I can't browse all topics for pics.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Marc,

May I ask your location, you may email me if you wish, I wish to know as I also wish to know if you are taking any action against the original poster and his obvious violation of personal rights ?

3. Lounge   -   #33
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+29 December 2003 - 16:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean &#064; 29 December 2003 - 16:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-7thElement@29 December 2003 - 15:41
    Marc
    Don&#39;t take any of this seriously Marc, this sort of thing is what makes this board tick. It doesn&#39;t happen very often, and most people make up and carry on, although maybe not Sheila and JP, that one runs deep&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    Only cos he scorned me Billy Dean, and you know a woman scorned .....

Edit: Oi&#33; Settle down God Like&#33; One of those pics was mine, and I fully accept if I put a pic up on the net .. well anything can happen to it. My choice, my chance. I think Ella actually has that pic in her profile on KL. Honey is upset, and that is her right. It&#39;s more the malicious attacks from JP that upset me. And the treatment of UKMan who we all know as a well respected member of this forum.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by God Like dude@29 December 2003 - 07:05
    Marc,

May I ask your location, you may email me if you wish, I wish to know as I also wish to know if you are taking any action against the original poster and his obvious violation of personal rights ?
    My location is Switzerland.

This board is not based on UK rights / USA rights or whatever rights. The rights which apply here are common sense rights meaning if people make pictures available to the public and even post links to such locations on this board they should not complain if somebody uses posted information on other sites or boards.

If people don&#39;t wanttheir information posted they should not post their info on public sites because if they do they should be aware of the risks.

It&#39;s like neotheone advertises his forums and then complains that he get&#39;s too many visitors and asks me for bandwidth costs.

It makes no sense.

Marc

5. Lounge   -   #35
    BANNED
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@29 December 2003 - 16:06
    Edit: Oi&#33; Settle down God Like&#33;
    Hypodermic = God Like Dude = Hypo??

6. Lounge   -   #36
    But as a webmaster you have to protect the content that is posted by people and assume liability for their individual rights.

Yes ok something maybe be public, but people who host websites are responsible for the content they deliver and how it is delivered.

You must understand that the internet is not goverened by a single law, but is goverened by laws of the host and also the visitor.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by 7thElement@29 December 2003 - 01:12
    It&#39;s like neotheone advertises his forums and then complains that he get&#39;s too many visitors and asks me for bandwidth costs.
    ROFLMAO&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@29 December 2003 - 14:06
    Edit: Oi&#33; Settle down God Like&#33; One of those pics was mine, and I fully accept if I put a pic up on the net .. well anything can happen to it. My choice, my chance. I think Ella actually has that pic in her profile on KL. Honey is upset, and that is her right. It&#39;s more the malicious attacks from JP that upset me. And the treatment of UKMan who we all know as a well respected member of this forum.
    Like you AS.. it was the maliciousness that has angered me.

It was just downright nasty all round..

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    Originally posted by God Like dude@29 December 2003 - 07:15
    But as a webmaster you have to protect the content that is posted by people and assume liability for their individual rights.

Yes ok something maybe be public, but people who host websites are responsible for the content they deliver and how it is delivered.

You must understand that the internet is not goverened by a single law, but is goverened by laws of the host and also the visitor.
    We protect our members and if there are problems we try to solve them but we cannot protect people from posting their private pictures on another board, advertise other boards and then complain that somebody posted content from other sites here.

It just doesnt work.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by God Like dude@29 December 2003 - 01:15
    that statement is so not true....there have been many cases concerning international jurisdicitonal issues where the "viewer" attempted to sue the "host" - and in almost every case the "host" won. If you would like, I can send you some case files -

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast