Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Fair Play, Or Not?

AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    I don't really care that he posted my pic on here, I did put it on the net, it is fair game. But the fact is that by any normal standards of decency it was the wrong thing to do. Not legally. Morally. We now have a better idea of how J'Pol ticks and we like him all the less for it.

And no Sam, that pic didn't go up of UKMan, but he is right to be angry over it. It was a disgusting and deliberate attack aimed at my friends and I and UK suffered by association. It was an abuse and there is no other way to describe it.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@29 December 2003 - 04:34
    I don't really care that he posted my pic on here, I did put it on the net, it is fair game. But the fact is that by any normal standards of decency it was the wrong thing to do. Not legally. Morally. We now have a better idea of how J'Pol ticks and we like him all the less for it.

And no Sam, that pic didn't go up of UKMan, but he is right to be angry over it. It was a disgusting and deliberate attack aimed at my friends and I and UK suffered by association. It was an abuse and there is no other way to describe it.
    if its any conselation that pic of yours werent too bad

3. Lounge   -   #13
    1. No pic was posted
    2. No pic was posted
    3. No pic was posted
    4. No pic was posted
    5. I even posted my own pic but it got modded

Ray - NO-one was every going to invade your privacy and although you did get banter tonight, If you weren't my friend I wouldn't be playing with you

and sorry if you took anything personal - it wasn't and nothing became of it

Edit - and tell me how many people I hav eposted pics of on here

4. Lounge   -   #14
    OK, OK, I've written a song for you now Ray:

" The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
    I dreamed I held you in my arms
    When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
    So I hung my head and cried

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
    You make me happy when skies are grey
    You'll never know, dear, how much I love you
    Please don't take my sunshine away

I'll always love you and make you happy
    If you will only say the same
    But if you leave me to love another
    You'll regret it all someday

Please don't take my sunshine away

You told me once, dear, you really loved me
    And no one else could come between.
    But now you've left me and love another,
    You have shattered all my dreams.

Please don't take my sunshine away "

..we cool now?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@29 December 2003 - 05:34

That is utter bullshit Sheila.

I have made my peace with UkMan about any transgression, which was only a vague reference.

I made no deliberate attack, I have never made one, ever. JPol may have posted a picture from your forum which was his doing, but the the only reference to a "man" came from my post. I am insulted by any comments of deliberacy.

The only fault was poor judgement, this being only mild. My record stands on my fair and courteous approach to all members.

The whole thing was a parody of a Jonnos' post done many moons back. It was done in good fun, the source reference was vague and that is the end.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused
    Hobbes, I said earlier yours was a small part and you apologised to UK and that was good enough. Yes you have always been courteous and I liked you but it did seem like you abused our friendship so recently offered. I accept that you had no such intentions. But don't tell me that J'Pol's attack wasn't deliberate.

I'm sure you will still be welcome at our forum. Did you like my story?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    @hobbes - you and Sheila and myself have made peace - lets leave it at that please ? B)

@Sam - you may have posted it, but you sure as hell didnt write it - and i wouldnt be caught dead in your arms in the way the song suggests - now can we leave this subject alone ??
    I mean that - NO MORE FROM YOU Sam!! Not even a silly joke - NO MORE!!

@AussieSheila -

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@29 December 2003 - 05:51
    Hobbes, I said earlier yours was a small part and you apologised to UK and that was good enough. Yes you have always been courteous and I liked you but it did seem like you abused our friendship so recently offered. I accept that you had no such intentions. But don't tell me that J'Pol's attack wasn't deliberate.

I'm sure you will still be welcome at our forum. Did you like my story?
    Very naughty, very naughty, indeed.

Thanks for your reply, and have a good day, I must take to my bed. I have that whole job thing to do tomorrow. Responsibility sucks!

Please forgive samsamsam, I think he is troubled by concerns not related to this forum.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. Lounge   -   #19

...........and I will ressume normal service tomorrow

and UKMan - You not feeling my song???

Edit - Thanks Hobbes but I'm OK

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    With regards to J'Pol and his picture posting...

1. The picture may have been on the internet and may i guess be regarded as public.

But lets stop there and look at why they were posted...

2. Posts containing subject matter deemed grotesque, disturbing, obscene, malicious, or of a sexual nature may be edited or deleted.
    These are the rules of this forum.

When reading the post that accompanied the pics, or the thread as a whole, then J'Pol has indeed been guilty of breaking the rules.
    I mean I need to see the photos, if nothing else. It would appear that this may be Honey, is that also Ozbabe.
    I could be wrong I suppose, there is a degree of duplicity with these chaps.
    It's interesting to note his posting times too, when I was offline. How cowardly to do something like that when I wasn't able to defend myself.

I downloaded those picture from the internet.

They were freely available. People cannot post pictures of themselves in open areas of forums and expect privacy, that is just silly.
    This particular comment from J'Pol really is about the most pathetic attempt Ive ever seen for someone to attempt to justify their actions.

If i had wanted my picture on this forum I would have posted it here myself. In an intimate forum like ours I was among friends and felt secure. It's one thing posting a pic for 42 members, another for posting to over 80,000.

No J'Pol I wouldn't have expected you to make your way to somewhere that you are not a member of, that you quite openly dislike and basically steal something to try to make a point? (Though what it was I have no idea) Btw, I have never hidden the fact that I use the name Honey elsewhere, it's been available since day 1 in my sig.

You've only confirmed my opinion of you J'Pol .. though for decorums sake I will keep it to myself.

To the "gang of six + one" for you..

True Blue, is it me and you?
    Is it Mum and Dad, is it a cockatoo?
    Is it standing by your mate
    When he's in a fight?

Or just Vegemite
    True Blue, I'm asking you...

John Williamson would be right proud to know that True Blueism isnt dead!

For those of you who may not understand..
    True Blue - Steadfast loyal Australian who displays the Aussie ideals of a fair go for all, mateship, having a go, and solving problems.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast