Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Fair Play, Or Not?

scribblec's Avatar Poster
    ive seen those pictures am i considered bad for viewing the forum??

and i am finally glad everyone else is finally seeing his true colours

because i know i have seen them a very long time ago

Mister.C :music1:

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@29 December 2003 - 05:43
    You've only confirmed my opinion of you J'Pol .. though for decorums sake I will keep it to myself. 

Well hell Ozbabe I don't have that decorum stuff that you're talking about.

J'Pol sounds like an ass to me.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by Ozbabe@29 December 2003 - 04:43
    True Blue, is it me and you?
    Is it Mum and Dad, is it a cockatoo?
    Is it standing by your mate
    When he's in a fight?

Or just Vegemite
    True Blue, I'm asking you...

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by scribblec@29 December 2003 - 12:47
    ive seen those pictures am i considered bad for viewing the forum??

and i am finally glad everyone else is finally seeing his true colours

because i know i have seen them a very long time ago

Mister.C :music1:
    No scribblec you are not at fault for viewing them...

the person who posted them is at fault!

@ Busyman... The things I'm thinking are a little stronger than that..

5. Lounge   -   #25
    The internet although yes a public domain has rights of civil liberty.

To post a picture on the internet the owner of the picture still holds all rights to it, it is no different to photographic images that are scanned. Those who are contained in the picture have the right of character and to be asked and in return deny or accept permission for those who wish to use their picture.

The webmaster of any given server is liable for content on the server and the not the person posting in first instance, but secondary court cases can be taken to counter sue the uploader of any content.

It all comes down to liability of explotation of material, if content has been amended in any way without the owner and or person(s) contained within a digital image then it can be classed as slander of character and/or discrimination of the person.

I'd advise the webmaster of the original postings to remove the content from their site as they are the ones who become liable for publishing the content.

Hope this helps, for reference anyone in the UK must also abide by the Data Protection Act .... and if the posting was made by someone in the Uk .. they open them self up for prosecution under that.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@29 December 2003 - 04:05
    If you go to this thread ...  here ...  you will see that J'Pol has posted pics of members of this forum, without their permission.

Do you think this is right?  Would you mind if it was done to you?

He took them from a forum that he is not a member of, and posted them here as a way of continuing his campaign against certain members of this board.

I personally think JP should be stripped naked and flogged.  I know the sight of JP naked may be the stuff of nightmares, but it has to be done.

Such events are exactly the reason why think about no more URL's at all. This is just a start and for sure not the last issue.

Posting pictures of others is never a good thing but on the other side you cannot stop it if you make pictures of yourself available to the public. If you do so then you should be aware that others will abuse it because this is the internet.

If somebody wants to share his / her pics with friends simply share pics over email and not a public board that people announce here and there will be no troubles.

Don't get me wrong I am not picking sides but this board is not the place to start fights. If people have issues with others please fight in private.

I did not see any pictures and this post is just a general reply.

Marc

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    7th Element... go to the right thread, there are pictures there!

As stated before, if I had wanted my picture posted here, I would have uploaded them myself.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 7thElement@29 December 2003 - 15:41
    Marc
    Don't take any of this seriously Marc, this sort of thing is what makes this board tick. It doesn't happen very often, and most people make up and carry on, although maybe not Sheila and JP, that one runs deep!

9. Lounge   -   #29
    if the pictures are already on the internet, i see nothing wrong in simply linking to them

everyone calm the fuck down

i'm off to bed
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

10. Lounge   -   #30
    There is no "fight" here it is civil liberty and people&#39;s right to be able to publish content, if one discriminates against this, then they are liable.

I have since found out the poster of the content is in the UK and I would advise him to read the latest version of the data protection act as Australia is a sovergien state of the British Empire and people hold dual nationality there, thus far can instigate legal proceedings from within the uk.

I would advise the original poster to withdraw all content he has posted.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast