I awake to find a few threads discussing yesterdays postings. I thought I would get some of the facts set down, just for the record. I don't consider that any of the posts made last night were behind my back or cowardly, just made by people in different time zones.
1. As I remember I posted three pictures. These were all obviously posed. The person therefore knew the pictures were being taken. Two were head and shoulders, one was full length. None of the pictures was in any way lewd, at least not in my opinion
2. The pictures had, to the best of my knowledge been posted on the internet by the subject themselves. That is what the accompanying text said, they were certainly in "post a picture of yourself" threads.
3. They were posted on a public part of an internet forum. The same forum had a private / members only section. I did not post anything from the private section. The obvious inference, to any reasonable person was that the pictures in the public area were public and those in the private area private.
4. Hobbes, as he himself has stated, suggested in the same thread that there may be other pictures from the private area, which would be of interest. He did not ever post any. I firmly believe that he never had any intention to post them.
5. UKMan took it upon himself to assault me verbally. I have no problem with that, I believe in freedom of speech. I will not repeat what he said, if anyone is interested they can have a look. I am only sad to hear that he has never liked me - like I said at the time, I feel entirely differently.
6. He also made certain threats against Hobbes, this is a matter between them. I am glad they appear to have resolved their issues.
7. The only other photos which were posted were samsamsam and he did that himself. So other than one being removed by a mod because of content, I believe that has no bearing on this.
No matter how many people throw dummies out of prams, lie on their backs with their arms and feet flailing in the air, or claim righteous indignation, this is simply nonsense. Nothing that was done was illegal, immoral or unethical. People may not like it, however to post material of a non-descript nature in a public place, with no indication that you want it kept private and then expect people not to access it is untenable. If you add to that the fact that you advertise the place on other forums this apparent hurt makes no sense at all.
To put the whole malicious thing in context. I recently received a PM from one of the injured parties. It stated amongst other things
This does not give me the impression of someone who is being hurt by my words, quite the reverse in fact.For the first time in a long while Im actually enjoying the challenge of having to use my mind and think!
Thank you for stimulating it. I was beginning to think it had died on me.
Yesterday I received this from another of the parties
Again I do not feel that they were threatened or hurt.
I do not see how this can have changed, simply because I reproduced images that they themselves had made public.