Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: For The Record

Ex-member
    Originally posted by Skweeky@29 December 2003 - 13:05
    Hope you all enjoy hogmany(or however you write that)
    Hogmanay

It's pronounced "hug-ma-nay", by the way.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Hehehe, thank you Liam

*practices saying that*

hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay

hehehe, that's a funny word

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Knowledge is Power
    I cannot agree with you on this one Skweeky.

The internet is public, you can do anything with whatever you find... if the content is not meant to be public then make it private (with membresy, passwords, etc).

All forums are public (being part of the internet), if you want to have a private forum without anyone seeing what you post (pics or text) it's very easy to do so... if you don't want your pictures available, don't make them public, that's all there is to it.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    TRshady
    *Shady suspects several sex struggles suspiciously screened*

Seems this is a gender thing as a division is noticeable in the thoughts.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Nimdock@29 December 2003 - 15:14
    I cannot agree with you on this one Skweeky.

The internet is public, you can do anything with whatever you find... if the content is not meant to be public then make it private (with membresy, passwords, etc).

All forums are public (being part of the internet), if you want to have a private forum without anyone seeing what you post (pics or text) it's very easy to do so... if you don't want your pictures available, don't make them public, that's all there is to it.
    Agreed - but it dosnt excuse members here abusing or exploiting fellow members does it!!

If it had been someone else, then maybe all this would never have been blown up in the first place, but to have longstanding fellow members abuse your privacy in OTHER forums - theres no excuse.

They could have asked - they didnt - case closed.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Skweeky@29 December 2003 - 14:11
    Hehehe, thank you Liam

*practices saying that*

hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay
    hug-ma-nay

hehehe, that's a funny word
    Hug ma nay? I think we could all do with a hug right now...

7. Lounge   -   #57
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    hey people love me again

Mister.C :music1:

8. Lounge   -   #58
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Ok bottom line!

I've stated this many times, someone gets offended!
    No one else can say whether it's right or wrong, if that person is offended then it was offensive.
    There's no 2 ways about it.

We all have an opinion on the subject but it really comes down to the person (in this case UKman) was offended in which case it was wrong, whatever anyone thinks.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@29 December 2003 - 18:34
    Ok bottom line!

I've stated this many times, someone gets offended!
    No one else can say whether it's right or wrong, if that person is offended then it was offensive.
    There's no 2 ways about it.

We all have an opinion on the subject but it really comes down to the person (in this case UKman) was offended in which case it was wrong, whatever anyone thinks.

Jonno B)
    Jonno

To the best of my knowledge, not having read everything obviously. No-one actually posted any photo's of UKMan.

Neither did anyone actually post anything from the private area. Even those who had access to it.

It seems UKMan started calling me a "cunt" because I had posted pictures of other people. See my opening post on that subject.

He called hobbes a "cunt", because of what he thought hobbes might do, presumably.

Anyone really interested in how I replied to the attack is more than welcome to read the thread and make up their own mind. I am quite sure you (Jonno) have read it and made up your own mind.

Given that there have been photographs posted here of members, non-members, both manipulated and otherwise, with and without their permission, I am at a loss to understand why he reacted so savagely this time.

Particularly when there was nothing there about him, or any insulting comments associated to the pictures. He was out of order and any amount of claiming the moral high ground will not change that.

Again, as I have stated elsewhere, I fully support his right to express his views, in the way he sees fit.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Forum Star
    @everyone getting on their high-horse about posting pics from elsewhere without the owners permission - i hope you all stop downloading music / films etc etc until the artists give their permission.

not very likely, is it. a case of selective morals perhaps.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast