Thread: Problem With Mpg

I just downloaded a film which is a mpg, but it will not play in windows media or divx... I even tried videolan and nothing.

I thought it was a fake , but I downloaded it from a list of about 30 plus user and if it was a fake.. why keep it... can anyone help..?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    muchspl2
    its a fake.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    why do people keep them if it is a fake..?

Is there anyt way of teeling it is a fake b4 you spend ages downloading it... I normally use the previewer, but sometimes it doesn't work on all downloads and I just thought it was one of those cases again..

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    muchspl2
    use videolan to preview, if it doesn't preview in http://www.videolan.org than its not real

and you downloaded a spoof file, its to discourage you from p2p

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    thanks for your help..!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by DonaldDuck@29 December 2003 - 15:04
    I just downloaded a film which is a mpg, but it will not play in windows media or divx... I even tried videolan and nothing.

I thought it was a fake , but I downloaded it from a list of about 30 plus user and if it was a fake.. why keep it... can anyone help..?
    A high amount of users unfortunatly is a bad sign it is a fake. Evidently certain users get their jollys by passing along fake files . Or sometimes, like you, don't even know their fake (thinking they don't have the right codec, whatever) but don't unshare that file so others won't download it. (no offense intended)

Especially if its a very hot file, new movie whatever, in high demand they have a way of getting around fast.
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I actually deleted the file, when muchspl2 said it was most likely a fake. Thansk for the tips..!!!

I just wish I could update the the properties of the files out there when I know they are fakes , just to let people know as it is such a pain spending all that time downloading and then finding it is crap..!!!