Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Guys - Adios

Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Practically every P2P forum I like to frequent (bar a small one) is getting too heated for my liking. Practically every one of them is getting to a point where instead of following the P2P philosophy of helping each other, they're fighting with each other.

The worst case is sadly at ES5, where even the mods are too chickenshit to do something about two specific trolls as both have been around helping (at least, one of them has been helping a lot) and maybe pull out the "free-speech-for-all" card. Their result (among other recent events) is that the ES5 radio manager has left in disgust and a few more have either been leaving or have been drawn in a war between the trolls and their allies (mainly some of the mods) and the rest of the board.

The reason I've mentioned this is because in its own way, K-Lite is following the same path - We've got regulars arguing with regulars, among other events. Believe it or not, the number of different versions of K-Lite after K++ is not actually that bad - K++ had a Napster-ish problem of being the only popular version left of Kazaa Lite (there was RN's Kazaa K++ and Yuri's original Kazaa Lite), so Sharman only had to take one down and that was that. Maybe the different versions can help a clean FastTrack networks - It's worked in part for eMule and BitTorrent (although they've had their leech versions in the process )

I personally can't stand the heatwave and I'm not going to - I'm taking a break from the P2P forums. All of them.

I'm gonna rejoin the gaming clan I had to leave after three years - Believe it or not, that June I was given an ultimatum by the clan leaders that I couldn't do both (for the good of the clan) and I chose here. Luckily I got an open invitation so I'm gonna go back to them (If you must know the importance, the clan's tranquility made it seem like a monestary of sorts and it seems the perfect place to chill. Don't get the wrong idea though - They can kick ass in the games we go on )

That - And I need to sort out a few RL matters I've been neglecting. Exams are one thing, but there's a few more I've left behind over the months that I'm gonna get back into.

I'm gonna be out for a while - Anything from four weeks to a month, hopefully. Those who know me will still be able to contact me via established methods. For the rest, I'm still gonna be contactable via Soulseek and the K-Lite IRC channel (#KLchat). Just not here, either in public post or via PM.

For those who are asking it - While I was managing it, KLB Radio was still under the ownership of 7thElement. We've talked and as he is the owner I'm gonna leave him to announce the station's future.

I'm right now gonna ask a moderator to put me on moderation for the next month (so I don't get encouraged to be as engaged as deeply as I was again ) so this will pretty much be my last big post for a while. Guess this is it for a while

For those who'll probably go after my leave, I just want to say thanks for the times you've given me over the months and it's a shame I'm not likely to see you go For the rest, don't blow the place up while I'm gone

So long - And thanks for all the fish

Ill

2. Lounge   -   #2
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Have fun Ill - your future is more important of course and the squabbles will either go away or get worse - who can tell.

I wish you all the best for your future and hope you make a success of your studies.

Peace
    UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Ex-member
    As you wish.

Hope to see you soon

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Goodbye Illuminati, it's sad but I can't say I blame you. Have fun.

Later.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Whats that, 4 in 2 days?

Oh dear, I said this place was falling apart

And these guys are'nt just members, their upstanding members who are a real part of this place, the life blood.

How long will it be before klf has a new breed of flamers and anti social members.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Knowledge is Power
    Do I have to apply or anything?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Have a good time Ill, hopefully everything changed for the better once you return

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    See you soon illunuminiumitim.....ill!

I'll be here waiting with a hug and a can of bru when you return

9. Lounge   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    See you around, I hope.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    See you soon I hope Ill,

I understand how you gfeel though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast