Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat32 Versus Nt

Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TRshady@19 February 2003 - 10:08
    Yeah, i agree, NFTS definetly is better.
    I use win2k pro because my 500mhz pc works faster with it, but would upgrade if I could. The downside to nfts is formatting, its so hard to do. Anyone how to format an nfts hdd?
    I have XP pro on my 600mhz pc. It runs beautiful.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    the Ntfs files system is far superior to fat 32
    as for OS i like 2000 but xp is starting to get a bit better it will be ready for prime time soon and will prob be a better OS soon so go for it

ps be ready too fill ur hd with a bunch of junk XP is huge

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Bottom line is that Win 2000 sux..you are better off with 98se and stay away from ME...Of couse XP is the best if you ask me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Have used both FAT32 and NTFS with XP Pro. No discernible change in speed, but FAT32 does take a lot longer to defragment and needs doing more often.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by seanster@6 March 2003 - 00:27
    Bottom line is that Win 2000 sux..you are better off with 98se and stay away from ME...Of couse XP is the best if you ask me.
    I think you don't know the difference between win 2000 en win Me: win Me sucks, win 2000 rules. It's the most stable version of windows ever...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    A little trick I've used to format is to install the drive in another computer as a slave ..Just right click on the drive ,select format and away you go..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    FAT32 is approximately 10% faster than NTFS for digital audio (recording, sequencing..)..

Other than that, NTFS is probably better...it can recognize larger files, and is also more secure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12