Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Lost Clusters...

I've been using KaSaA for more than a year with no problem.. I just re-installed Windows to do a general clean up.. everything is now updated, configured and running fine.. a new lean machine again.

However, the KaSaALite 210b3e I have been using for a while without problem was locking the system and I was getting lost clusters reported in Norton.. the retrieved clusters showed mp3 file information, Artist's name, track titles, etc with many references to KL. I uninstalled it and downloaded KasaLite 242 but I'm getting exactly the same problem.
    Everything else on the computer is running sweet. WinAmp 5.01 has never sounded better (playing anything through KL sounds just plain ropey btw but that is not the problem here..). It is even bringing Microsoft Office 2000 to a crashing halt...

Help. Thanks in advance.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Have you tried scandisk (98/me) or chkdsk (for XP)? Or have you tried defragmenting?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Norton Utilities is where the lost clusters are getting repaired

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Norton Speed Disk better than defrag

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Try deleting your dat files or removing them to a duifferent folder One at a time.Could be one of them is corrupt.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ..but if I completely uninstalled the KaSaALite 210b3e and then installed the KasaLite 242 but I'm getting exactly the same problem...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    but if I completely uninstalled the KaSaALite 210b3e and then installed the KasaLite 242 but I'm getting exactly the same problem...
    Not if you delete your dat files.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    hold on... which dat files are we talking about.. there's only unins000.dat in the kaza folder and localize.dat in the kazupermodes folder

(thanks btw..)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Try reading here it has alot of useful tips on alot of issues

which dat files are we talking about..
    I was talking ablout any files you had downloading them dat files .

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    aahhh... gotcha.. good idea.. i'll try that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast