Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wildtangent.. Really Messing Up My System.

muchspl2
    try banzai buddy then, I here it holds all your passwords and fill out forms so you don't have to, must be great

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22

maybe i dotn understand wiltangent. whats so bad?
    it came installed on my comp when i first got it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    thanks for the tip balamm.. i should have just searched for the individual file instead of the trying to find the folder it was in. Very silly on my part.

and thanks ninja, spy sweeper did find the wildtangent stuff and i am dealing with it now.

Mogadishu.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    WTF is wildtangent

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    wait.. this really sucks.

Im removing all the spyware spysweeper found and the only one it cant remove is wildtangent. It scans the files, which take about 5 minutes each with the noise coming from my harddisk i think... then say i have to remove them manually..
    when i go to the folder to remove them manually i hit delete then i get the noise and it freezes for a couple minutes.. then the error:

Cannot delete wildtangent.jar: Error performing in page operation.

Any ideas?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    I would email them. So try that.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Here&#39;s something to try if your file system is FAT16 or 32 - make a win98/95 or Ms-Dos boot disk, start into dos mode, and Deltree the file. Its a little trick is used to use all the time to nuke stubborn files like that.

Im not sure if it could easily be done on an ntfs system though, if its possible to start up to *just* the command prompt you could try a deltree from there, or just a normal del, but ive got a sneaking suspicion that its not easy to do under 2k or XP.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    No, don&#39;t email them. Go into your control panel and security options. Look for "clear page file on shut down" It&#39;ll take a while to do this the first time so be patient while it clears. Before you restart, set a real low limit on the page file. Just enough to run the system. 300mb maybe?

Restart in safe mode and you should be able to pick out the pieces of this virus crap.
    Have you run chkdsk /r yet ? give it a try and see if some of the problems lessen.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by Project E&#045;01@29 December 2003 - 18:44
    Here&#39;s something to try if your file system is FAT16 or 32 - make a win98/95 or Ms-Dos boot disk, start into dos mode, and Deltree the file. Its a little trick is used to use all the time to nuke stubborn files like that.

Im not sure if it could easily be done on an ntfs system though, if its possible to start up to *just* the command prompt you could try a deltree from there, or just a normal del, but ive got a sneaking suspicion that its not easy to do under 2k or XP.
    booting from an XP or win2k CD gives you that option. You just select the repair option instead of install, then go to the command prompt.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    muchspl2
    need to deleat all the wt programs in task manager
    a quick google turned up
    wcmdmgr.exe
    GameChannel.exe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast