Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Powercolor?

BANNED
    Originally posted by opivykid@29 December 2003 - 20:12
    Alright well we have that list of nvidia cards, now to look at the other side aka Ati cards. So how would you compare those to the 9500Pro + 9700Pro?
    only benchmarks can say this kind of stuff.... you dont put like 5900se is like 9600xt.... (just as an example.... 5900se beats the 9600xt from here all the way to hong kong)

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/evga_e...iew/default.asp

go check that....again

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Alrighty DWk, it looks like I'm getting the card that your friend got. hopefully it'll last me. I'm counting on you . Also though, you should post a topic just as like an end-all for vid cards, so if anyone wants to know want to buy (and I'll put $$ on the fact that theres tons of people like that), they'll see the post, read it, and come away with the info that they need to make the right descision

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    BANNED
    glad i helped.... even though i dont actually pick between stuff... i've been an nvidia guy for 4 years now.... still like it

however, some people are 2 stubborn to see benchmarks.....

i know ur idea is excelent (well i know and think it is hehe), but it might just bring the flame wars back... (not that they ever left lol).

if ur not in a rush to get a new card, you should wait a few days and see what the card my friend is getting can do

btw.... im still waiting about 1-4 months to buying my next card. This to the matter that prices drop.... or maybe just so that i get a job... i really need one

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    BANNED
    Originally posted by opivykid@29 December 2003 - 20:30
    Alrighty DWk, it looks like I'm getting the card that your friend got. hopefully it'll last me. I'm counting on you . Also though, you should post a topic just as like an end-all for vid cards, so if anyone wants to know want to buy (and I'll put $$ on the fact that theres tons of people like that), they'll see the post, read it, and come away with the info that they need to make the right descision
    man waittttttttt i forgot to ask you your system specs.... do youhave 8xagp? just wondering dont want you to buy a card and have it running at half performance (or just using half the bandwidth....not that its like majorly needed)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Ya I'll definitly wait a few days, and you should really try the idea out. I mean, there'll be the idiots that'll try to flame, yet if you can get the info in, It'll most definitly be worth it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Oh shoot, ya, here we go....

Compaq AMD Atholon 2600+ @ 2.13ghz
    Gig of ram
    more than enough hard drive space

just how do I find out my "agp" or whatever?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    BANNED
    do you know the manufacturer/model of your motherboard? or if you have the manuals of it?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Motherboard manufacturer = MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
    Motherboard model = MS-6390, 3.0
    BIOS vendor = Phoenix Technologies, LTD
    BIOS revision = 3.09
    BIOS release date = 07/01/2003
    Chipset = VIA PM266/KM266 (VT8375) rev. 0
    Southbridge = VIA VT8235 rev. 0
    Sensor chip = Winbond W83697HF

Need anything else?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    BANNED
    hehe more than enuff

keep this link for future reference:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mai...tail.php?UID=80

thats your motherboard.

Unfortunately, your motherboard has only 4x AGP port. This means that if you buy the card, its gonna have HALF the bandwidth it is meant for (8x agp)....

edit - btw... man that motherboard is little

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    BANNED
    bleh im organizing my bookmarks (havent done this since like forever) and found a link you might find useful as well

http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2003q4/...xt/index.x?pg=1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast