Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule ... Someone Help Me Please ....

Hi,

Now that K-Lite seems to ending... Im in serach of a new downloading program thingy. I tried shareazaa (how eva u spell it) it seemed nice and clean and quick only problim was i cldnt get it to connect and its range of files wasnt very wide.

Then i went to the host site and they asked me to try this thing called Emule... wow i thought must have loads of people on it if k-lite are telling people to download it!

Im using it now and im not sure what to make off it??? It connects it seems to have loads of tv/film shows and music I want. Its the downloading thats the problem...suddenly everythings Q'S????? U click and it has a list of people all saying 668 people. Whats that all about it seems that i click something and it just says waiting searching for people.... mostly nothing happen or like 1 person comes on and the speed it quite slow. R all these new programs sharing ones???? Because every file i try to download there all these users and smily faces and oooh it goes on .. . . ..

Can some give me the new kazaa lite, something that isnt going to give me loads of spy ware which makes things pop up.... and something that has lots of good music/tv shows and doesnt have this stupid waiting in line thing. both kazaa and kazaa lite never had this and how quick they downloaded.

SO WHATS THE NEW PROGRAM CAN ANY OF U HELP ME???? LET ME KNW!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    if you dont want to wait in line, then emules not for you.

shareaza should have found a lot more files you want since it connects to the same network emule uses and much more too.

and if your expecting fast speeds for one file from emule, your gonna be dissapointed.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Yea just be patient. Emule runs on a credit system. Try to share lots of good quality files at as higher speeds as you can. Do this and your downloads should pick up and you'll achieve a higher "ID" which will allow you to obtain better connections quicker.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    hmm higher IDs do not relate at all to credits.
    ive said this so many times.

you will get more credit for sharing files to a lot of people, but you dont have to share any files to get a high id. You get highIDs other clients/servers have no problem connectin to you. Thats all it means.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    yea higher id just has to do with whether or not you have your ports open that emule needs to use.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Blademaster
    Another tip for you, always leave emule on (as much as possible), not only does this increase your credits (as people upload from you) you will also rise higher in other people&#39;s queue. Dont keep checking the download status it will frustate you.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Originally posted by pirpu@29 December 2003 - 21:22
    Dont keep checking the download status it will frustate you.
    too true, emule works best as a "set it and forget it" app

and a tip if your runnin xp w/firewall:
    disable it get sygate or zone alarm and use one of them
    unless youre really familiar with xp&#39;s f/w and can set it up right,
    your ID is always gonna be low (if its even possible to setup xp&#39;s right )
    easier to run ZA or sygate
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    yer thanks... i knw what you guys mean . It is just so different from kazaa when you would just click and it would download&#33; Im on 56k and only have one line so i cnt leave it on all the time ...

so whats the programs you are all using??? whats the good one...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Have you tried bittorrent mate.

If you want features and a nice interface i&#39;d go for the azureus client.

You can download files from here. http://suprnova.org/ .

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@30 December 2003 - 01:21
    if you dont want to wait in line, then emules not for you.

shareaza should have found a lot more files you want since it connects to the same network emule uses and much more too.

and if your expecting fast speeds for one file from emule, your gonna be dissapointed.
    yep well said.
    i use emule and usually get a speed a no higher than 65 Kb/s my way for waiting for files is not to use my computer which downloads films, apps etc. if you have more than 1 pc use the other and only check you download like every 3 hours or so.

i usually put about 20 files to download in emule and various other files in mIRC and Shareaza and leave the pc and come back at the end of the day to see how the transfers are going...if they havent finished i just leave the pc on over night and check the next morning. simple as that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast