Thread: 2 Questions

Poster
    okay, after installing a new sound card, all the emulation programs (daemon tools, and alcohol 120) would stop working...is it a conflict in driver or something?daemon tools would say invalid device everytime i try to start it and alcohol would say unable to load alcohol 120 virtual cd-rom driver

2. i am planning on buying a dvd burner in a couple days so i was wondering if i could burn a couple kvcd or vcd on one dvds instead of burning them as dvd....if i could...i could fit maybe 7 movies on one dvd....that would save me the pain of switching disc.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    I would try reinstalling daemon tools and see if that works
    and for your other Q
    look into kdvd I have read good things on it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i tried reinstalling daemon and alcohol and it still doesnt work.... i want to play nfsu why wont the stupid thing work

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    get teh no-cd crack? if it asks you for cd2...just press enter

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    ...Glass tubes all look alike from the inside.
    Elmo, i dnno what O/S your on, but you should be able to find conflicts pretty easily.

For Win2k the path is something like this :-

Right click My Computer
    Properties
    Hardware Tab
    Device manager (half way down the page)

If there are any devices that are conflicting, you should have warning signs up all over the place.

From what you've said i thik its more likely your H.D.D needs a complete surface scan, either that or you've unseated some ram when you were installing that card. If the card itself were conflicting, you'd know about it everytime you tried to play any games with 3d sound.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i have winxp...did what u told me and the sound card is fine....but while i was looking i notice the warning signs for my tv tuner and all its device so i gotta get the driver downloaded and installed

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Lick My Lovepump
    You might have messed something up somehow.

I remember on Daemon install, it scans IDE bus and crap like that, maybe its got stuff to do with that.

Sound driver over-wrote something?

Use something like AIDA32 to check all the hardware on your PC and update drivers as neccesary, even mobo drivers (not BIOS, mobo drivers).

Also, WinXP has a roll-back drivers option.
    Go to device manager, right click hardware and select properties, go into driver tab click "Roll-Back Driver."