Thread: Why My Internet Connections Gets Slow

Everytime I use KL, and people is uploading, and I'm dowloading, my internet connection gets very slow, I can't open a webpage as I normally do without K running.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    you only have a certain amount of bandwidth available on your internet connection
    downloading and uploading on k-lite uses bandwidth
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    If you&#39;re on a 56k, that&#39;s to be expected -- KL++ basically takes a T-1 line and drains it dry if you let it&#33;

Anyhow, you should ALWAYS limit KL++&#39;s upload bandwidth (under tools, advanced, bandwidth in kilobits) to something LESS than the maximum your connection can sustain.

For broadband connections, 64 kilobits (8 KB/sec) is a good start.

Run with that for awhile and see if it goes faster.

ALSO, you may have been using the same ip for too long and now have 1,000&#39;s of people on Kazaa/KL++ retrying their download FROM you. This also tends to cause slowdowns -- EVEN WHEN NOT RUNNING KL++&#33;

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    my connection is broadband.

How do I change my IP?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by imation@30 December 2003 - 04:37
    my connection is broadband.

How do I change my IP?
    it may change if you disconnect and reconnect from the internet

check your ip from http://www.whatismyip.com
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Than disconnect and reconnect and check it again to see if it changes, and if it does no need to worry. Most ISP&#39;s have random IP&#39;s set when you connect and stays fixed until you disconnect.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    you could use net limiter to limit the amount of bandwith used by kazaa

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    If within 15 seconds of starting KL++, you&#39;ve had 20+ people try to download from you... your ip address hasn&#39;t (and probably DOESN&#39;T) change.

If that&#39;s the case, you NEED to drain off the excessive uploads by turning off file sharing AFTER filling up all your upload slots.
    Then turn file sharing back on once most of your upload finish/fail/cancel.
    Repeat as needed.

You may have been getting 100&#39;s of new upload requests every HOUR, so if you&#39;ve been using KL++ for awhile don&#39;t expect this problem to solve itself even in a couple days&#33;