Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Proposed New Computer For A Non-gamer

_John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    If he just wants a dependable board, he can get a board from some company OTHER THAN ASUS.

Jesus christ you would think you guys are married to ASUS, with all the people that just pick one out of the blue. ASUS is on the expensive end of Mobo's, you can get one that does the exact same purpose as the ASUS one, for 40% less.

And your CPU, is a bit on the expensive side, but I guess it will last you for 2 Years. Though a 1700+ will do all you want to do know, and will still be fine 2 years from now. Just like I know people who still have k6's that work perfectly fine. But heck, my OLD Toshiba from 95, P1 200Mhz MMX will be fine for your needs....

See my point?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    hehe.... although MSI aint that cheap...i still prefer that

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    For instance how about this one.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....34&searchdepa=1

Comprarable to the ASUS, except its like 65 dollars.

Go read the reviews, its not cheap junk.

AND YOU GET A FREE NEWEGG TSHIRT!!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@30 December 2003 - 14:56
    AND YOU GET A FREE NEWEGG TSHIRT!!!!
    thats the best of the deal hahaha

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by DWk+30 December 2003 - 17:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DWk @ 30 December 2003 - 17:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_John_Lennon_@30 December 2003 - 14:56
    AND YOU GET A FREE NEWEGG TSHIRT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    thats the best of the deal hahaha [/b][/quote]
    Hey, Free stuff always rocks.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED
    hell yea..... but it would be better if you had to buy a t-shirt and get a mobo for free

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Fine then, its a high quality, black, 65 dollar T-Shirt, and you get a free mobo with purchase.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@30 December 2003 - 13:40
    If he just wants a dependable board, he can get a board from some company OTHER THAN ASUS.

Jesus christ you would think you guys are married to ASUS, with all the people that just pick one out of the blue. ASUS is on the expensive end of Mobo&#39;s, you can get one that does the exact same purpose as the ASUS one, for 40% less.
    actually, i don&#39;t prefer Asus over any other brand. i&#39;ve only owned one Asus board and it has done fine by me. i couldn&#39;t really say their products are any better or worse than the next company&#39;s... although there is something to be said for going with a popular brand, just for the greater availability of tech support from the company & from fellow users.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+30 December 2003 - 18:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 30 December 2003 - 18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-_John_Lennon_@30 December 2003 - 13:40

Jesus christ you would think you guys are married to ASUS, with all the people that just pick one out of the blue.&nbsp; ASUS is on the expensive end of Mobo&#39;s, you can get one that does the exact same purpose as the ASUS one, for 40% less.
    actually, i don&#39;t prefer Asus over any other brand. i&#39;ve only owned one Asus board and it has done fine by me. i couldn&#39;t really say their products are any better or worse than the next company&#39;s... although there is something to be said for going with a popular brand, just for the greater availability of tech support from the company & from fellow users. [/b][/quote]
    Well, popularity and market share isnt everything.

By selling volume alone, Windows seems pretty popular in the field of OS&#39;s.

So you see my point........

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    @_John_Lennon_ I looked at that mobo. Looks nice but I&#39;ve been told to stay away from Biostar mobos. A good friend of mine has had trouble with his Biostar mobo. They wouldn&#39;t even RMA it. If I could find a comparable mobo from Abit or Epox at newegg, I consider it. But a company (Biostar) that won&#39;t stand behind their products isn&#39;t for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast