Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Decrypter Question

Hello ppl,

In a previous posting in which I asked which is the best DVD ripper, some helpful people advised me to use DVD Decrypter. I installed and tried it, and indeed it is superb. I used CladDVDXP in the past, but this one is light years ahead.

However, I have this question about it: How can one write a SINGLE mpeg-2 file, instead of the whole set of files (VOB, IFO, and the like)? This single file can then be converted to DivX or whatever, thru a regular video converter program (e.g., AVS Video Converter, etc).

In case DVD Decrypter doesn't do the job, which app does it (i.e., take the the decrypted video files, and re-package them to a single mpeg-2)?

Thx,

jackc

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    you don't need to join the vob files together

the encoding software should deal with the vob files sequentialy

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@30 December 2003 - 11:39

Yes, but which encoding prog? DVD Decrypter, or another one?

And if I should do it with DVD Decrypter, how should I do it this way? When I decrypt files with it, it just produces the VOB files and the like; I haven't figured out how to produce a single mpeg-2 file. Which setting should I change?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker@30 December 2003 - 10:39

Yeah mate.

Or earlier versons of "dd" has that option to rip to a single vob."1.4" & before.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ck-uk@30 December 2003 - 11:57
    Or earlier versons of "dd" has that option to rip to a single vob."1.4" & before.
    So DD 3.1.9 doesn't do the job then? Which prog does it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Flaskmpeg does a good job in converting DVD into Mpeg or Divx.

You should try it out.

BTW, you dont have to join the vobs into one big one because most programs (like flaskmpeg) use the ifo files or you just choose the first vob and it picks up the rest of them.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    So, DD doesn't do it after all? Pity, a program with so many nice features to lack such an important one... By definition, if someone rips a movie from a DVD then there are good chances that he might want to have it in a single file (and actually an mpeg-4 one, for that matter). The reasons are many: Posting it to a P2P network like FT is one of them! B) So a comprehensive decrypter should have this capability, in my opinion...

Anyhow: I'll try my luck with FlaskMPEG. Thx a lot for the info.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Mate like i said.Earlier ddecrypter's rip to a single vob around 3.4 ish.You should find it easy on kazaa.& all of them rip to a mpeg2 file too,just have a look through the options or right click for stream processing.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by jackc@30 December 2003 - 10:33
    In case DVD Decrypter doesn't do the job, which app does it (i.e., take the the decrypted video files, and re-package them to a single mpeg-2)?
    you might find something useful here

http://www.divxcrawler.com/software.htm

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Well You Could Try FlaskMPG or Vidomi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast