Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omg I Did It! Flown From Vancouver To Kenndy!

Wow, you are pretty dedicated to this game! Doesnt it get boring though? Certainly sounds as if it would, flying for 5 hours

2. Games   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@1 January 2004 - 04:30
    Wow, you are pretty dedicated to this game! Doesnt it get boring though? Certainly sounds as if it would, flying for 5 hours
    You'd be suprised, I guess it is for those who love flight, but it doesnt get that dull because you constantly have to make corrections and keep control.
    Tirbulance, the course and so on, keeps you busy, but its a sim so its aimed at those who either fly as a proffession or have a hobby in flight.

3. Games   -   #33
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Ok I´m not gonna fread all these fucj&#092;king replyes. But if he is happy the wtf do you care??? Just let people have their own fun without bashing that because you´re not having fun or whatever&#33;&#33;

Happy New year&#33;&#33;

4. Games   -   #34
    Double Agent
    well see, the problem with autopilots is that you can never trust the onboard computer to do the flight for you

you can&#39;t just set the autopilot on and then take a map and 3 hours later u find ur aircraft in the bottom of the pacific, just isnt done

sometimes i get lazy and use time compression but still keep close taps on the autopilots to make sure you dont suddenly stall at 40,000 feet and the elevator trim doesn&#39;t do anything funny

it&#39;s hard work being a pilot....

5. Games   -   #35
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Ok I´m not gonna read all these fucking replyes. But if he is happy the wtf do you care??? Just let people have their own fun without bashing that because you´re not having fun or whatever&#33;&#33;

Happy New year&#33;&#33;

2004 is gonna be a fucking good year I tell ya &#33;

6. Games   -   #36
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    i don&#39;t know, i never get bored. the longest flight i&#39;ve ever done is a trans-pacific from Vancouver to Singapore via Seoul on a singapore airlines 777 (it&#39;s a real flight route too, i&#39;ve been on it before) it took a total of 22 hours+2hours break at seoul. you gotta love this stuff to be like me. but there are way more dedicated people out there, i&#39;m just part of that majority. I&#39;m thinking of becoming a pilot, but it&#39;s gonna be hard as I can&#39;t go into the Air Force and train for being a pilot there (I don&#39;t have 20/20 vision which is required in the Air Force to become a pilot, or for that matter, in the Armed Forces. But to be an airline/commercial/recreaional pilot, you must have 20/20 corrected/uncorrected vision, which means i can wear glasses as long as i have 20/20 with them on.) the reason i wanted to go into the air force because i honestly don&#39;t have that kind of money to train for and become a pilot. but i&#39;ll look more into it next year. back to the point. flightsimming is great&#33; i learned how to fly a cessna on fs98 before i actually flew a real cessna 172 from vancouver to victoria when i was 10. i didn&#39;t do the takeoff/landing cuz that&#39;s illegal by FAA, but i did do the navigation and flying that occurs between takeoff and approach/landing. it was sweet. i seriously am considering being an airline/commercial pilot as a career.

EDIT:

well see, the problem with autopilots is that you can never trust the onboard computer to do the flight for you

you can&#39;t just set the autopilot on and then take a map and 3 hours later u find ur aircraft in the bottom of the pacific, just isnt done

sometimes i get lazy and use time compression but still keep close taps on the autopilots to make sure you dont suddenly stall at 40,000 feet and the elevator trim doesn&#39;t do anything funny

it&#39;s hard work being a pilot....
    i never use autopilot until i reach my cruising altitude (30,000+ feet). i never let the the autopilot do the heading changes/corrections for me, i just take the lvl function off. the only thing i use autopilot for is to keep my altitude steady above 30,000. sometimes i might use the autothrottle, but not normally. what&#39;s the fun in flying when a computer does it for you? but then again, you can use it and be lazy and get paid (in real life) 100g&#39;s a year .

Ok I´m not gonna read all these fucking replyes. But if he is happy the wtf do you care??? Just let people have their own fun without bashing that because you´re not having fun or whatever&#33;&#33;

Happy New year&#33;&#33;

2004 is gonna be a fucking good year I tell ya &#33;
    ^hell ya&#33; doom3, half life 2. 2004 is gonna kick some major ass&#33;

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Games   -   #37
    Double Agent
    wow that&#39;s great and good luck to u capt.

i only fly for fun and hope i never use these skillz i have in real life since i hate flying in real life lol

but then if duty calls when i am needed i wouldn&#39;t hestate for another second....

8. Games   -   #38
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@31 December 2003 - 20:44
    wow that&#39;s great and good luck to u capt.

i only fly for fun and hope i never use these skillz i have in real life since i hate flying in real life lol

but then if duty calls when i am needed i wouldn&#39;t hestate for another second....
    thanks&#33; oh ya, that voice changer thing you sent me james, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

9. Games   -   #39
    Double Agent
    yeah and now you can be that girl in ur avatar and kick some ass&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Games   -   #40
    lol, damn straight&#33; i&#39;m leaving for the party now. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast