Thread: Windows Xp Won't Install

Poster
    I've decided to reformat my hard drive and start fresh, so I put in the windows xp super disc I got from suprnova. I know it works cause I've used it before. When I restarted the computer it never loaded from the disc so I installed from the autorun. I installed home edition retail but the cd key finder won't give me a good one. I've found alot of keys but none worked. When it was copying the files there were some errors so I had to skip some files. Is there anyway to restart everything, cause I'm stuck at the cd key part. Thanx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    -change the biossettings so cd-rom will be loaded first
    -make the CD bootable

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    go into the BIOS by pressing the key it tells you to (usually DEL or F2)

change the boot order to check CD before the HD

exit and save

reboot the PC with the CD in the drive
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Alright thanx I'll try that

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah, changing the BIOS settings should fix it, but you have to be careful about picking a good key. Windows XP Serivice Pack 1a has more changes than just what Microsoft says is different from Serpvice Pack 1. They included some keys it looks for. The ones they know have been passed around and have been deemed invalid. If an invalid key is foudn by the SP1a installer, then you'll hgeta a message stating that you weren't eligable for SP1a and eventually your computer will just spaz out, and you're gonna have to reformat the drive. They key changer by Mr. Dude still has valid keys.
    -- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    What is the super xp cd? How does it differ from freezdri&#39;s version and also, where can you get mr. dude&#39;s key changer?