Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Always Yellow Status Light!

OK on BT I always have a yellow status light... I relized that my modem has a built in firewall... how do i get by this???

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Hmm... well, I get yellow lights all the time, but I still get good connection speeds. It could be that I'm behind a server, router, NAT , and VPN (kinda sounds like jibberish when said like that).

Well, if your firewall is interferring with your connection speeds, there must be a way to see what ports are being monitored or closed by your firewall., but if you have a good client, like torrentstorm, you can choose whh ports you use for bit torrent downloads. After that, make sure you don't have any conflicting.

Hmm... your firewall shouldn't really be conflicting with torrents. They use a pretty high port number.
    -- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    muchspl2
    news flash we can help you until you tell us what you have tried and maybe what kind of modem you have etc

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    well i really haven&#39;t tried much cause im not sure what to do... I have an actiontec gateway/router and I called them and they said that its built into the modem an can&#39;t be disabled. so i need to know how to get BT to go around the firewall

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    I just fixed this problem&#33;
    What can&#39;t be disabled? The firewall itself? That doesn&#39;t menat that you can&#39;t configure it.
    I really don&#39;t know very much about it, but if you have manual look up port forewarding. I found a manual for my router by typing the ip adress of my router. the control panel and a link to the maual were there. i don&#39;t know exactly which ports bittorent uses, i used the log of blocked traffic to estimate becase i&#39;m lazy, but i think they are lised on hte bittorent page.
    Hopefully this is better than no help at all
    Oh Yeah i forgot to say that i had to reset the modem before it worked. i couldn&#39;t find a button so i jsut unplugged it for a second.
    I only licked you for the salt

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ip of router is usually by default 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100

but sometimes they start with a 10

once is in login in and pass for most is

admin
    admin

or admin with no pass

and sometimes

administrator
    administrator

if its not one of thse consult your manual it sould be located in there somewhere

also though you may not be able to disable the firewall for the entire network you may have a DMZ option where you enter you ip and your no longer behind the firewall

hope this helps
    I am Member No. : 193 &lt;--- yes there was a time when that was a lot

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Originally posted by freak@31 December 2003 - 01:14
    well i really haven&#39;t tried much cause im not sure what to do... I have an actiontec gateway/router and I called them and they said that its built into the modem an can&#39;t be disabled. so i need to know how to get BT to go around the firewall
    Yep port forward ports 6881 - 6889, these are what bittorent uses.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i tried to foward ports 6881 to 6999 and after i&#39;ve done that the internet doesnt work and i need to go back to default

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by freak@31 December 2003 - 08:44
    i tried to foward ports 6881 to 6999 and after i&#39;ve done that the internet doesnt work and i need to go back to default
    What exactly happened?

Did you reboot the modem after the changes?

Did you put in the correct ip address of your computer?

If thats not you could try upgrading the routers firmware, thats if theres an upgrade.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    yes I put the correct ip address in and saved and reset the modem... what happens is the pages don&#39;t show up... and i tried to do an upgrade but there isn&#39;t one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast